Thursday, November 10, 2016

Miles 2 Month Update

Stats:
  • Weight: 14 lb 0 oz - 93rd percentile 
  • Height: 25.25" - 98.8th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 41 cm - 76th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 9%
  • Diapers: Size 1 until November 9 but he should have had them 2 days earlier. 
  • Clothing: 3 month clothing for about 3 weeks of the month then 6 month clothing.
  • Shoe Size: N/A
  • Teeth: 0
Sleep
Right around 7 weeks, he started sleeping for more than 7 hours straight. Too bad that starts near 7 pm and then I'm up with Ella 3-4 more hours. He slept 10 straight hours 1 night. For the most part he's sleeping about 7 hours straight or more now and then 3-4 hours. At the beginning of the month he had a 6 hour stretch or so but then all future stretches were 2 hours or less.  He will mostly go back to sleep until 7:30 until the clock change then it was 6:30. Some days he might go right back to sleep one more time so I have a little morning time to get ready or get Ella ready.  Once he started sleeping for longer stretches, he stays awake longer. Many days we are up for an hour.

He sleeps swaddled. He protests nursing if he's tired and not swaddled.  But then he's the happiest baby ever if he breaks out of the swaddle once he's asleep.
Eating
He eats for between 2 and 4 hours a day but most closer to 3.
He nurses most of the time but has had a few bottles of pumped milk. It's amazing that he can take a bottle. He had 4 bottles this month all given by me.
Sometimes he nurses often if he had a short nap. Oftentimes he will wake up and not need to eat right away and that's so nice.  There have been a few times he has nursed and not fallen asleep for a bit too. It's nice to not have to get him to sleep via nursing.

Sample Schedule:
He went to sleep around 7:30 PM until the clock change.   Then he sleeps his longest stretch which is 7-8 hours. Then nurses and sleep  3-4 more hours. then nurses and sleeps 1-2 more hours.  Sometimes There may not be the 3rd sleep session over night.  He will be awake in the morning as we get Ella ready. If she goes to school, he nurses and takes a nap right after they lave. Some days this is 10 minutes and on amazing days it can be as long as 1.5 hours.  Sometimes after this nap he's still tired so I nurse on the other side and he falls right back to sleep or he is up a couple hours.   Then there is another nap. There is usually a nap that ends around 4 or 5. He may have a 20 min cat nap after that and before bed or maybe not.   He pretty much nurses between every sleeping session.  The time after he's awake (4-5 PM) and bedtime is the toughest part of the day. It's so hard to deal with Ella + dinner + Miles.

I nurse on demand and haven't been paying attention to the timing of it.
Special Moments:
On October 12, he spit up everywhere. It was on me, him, boppy, rocking chair, and also feet away. He had his 1 month doctor visit and got his shot.
On October 14, he spit up all over me!
On October 15 in the middle of the night, he woke up, cried, and went back to sleep on his own!
On October 16, he grabbed a toy while using his play mat.
On November 3, I noticed cradle cap.
On November 7, I cut his nails for the first time. He was pretty good. I'm slow. (I never cut Ella's; Dave cut Ella's.)
On November 8, he broke an arm out of his snuggle wings swaddle. This was the start of him constantly breaking out.
On November 9, he broke BOTH arms out of his snuggle wings swaddle.
Development:
He smiles when you say his name. He grabs onto more things now. He definitely follows objects as they move and likes to look at more things. 
Other Tidbits:
Likes
He loves it when he's swaddled for sleep and then gets out of it. He never smiled so big until he did it the first time.
He likes when he's about to eat. Then likes eating.
He likes to look at me when I talk.

Dislikes
He doesn't like car rides. (He might be at half and half for disliking and tolerating car rides. )
He doesn't like it when I change his clothes.

(Dave said he dislikes everything besides what I listed that he likes.)
Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 10 hours 7 minutes  (607 minutes)
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 20
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 15
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Diapers used (from November 1-9): 9.9 per day 
Time spent nursing (from November 1-9): 200 minutes (3:20) per day  
Time spent sleeping (from November 1-9): 16.0 hours per day    

Favorite Toys
none yet

Favorite Songs
none yet

Favorite Books
none yet

Other Tidbits
Miles doesn't burp as often after nursing. Cradle cap showed up in his 8th week. His fussy time seems to be less annoying each evening. Maybe I'm getting into a better routine or maybe he's just getting better. I almost never do legit tummy time with Miles. Oops.
My recovery
I almost never weigh myself but I think I have 26 lbs left to lose.

My knee is still pretty bad. I started going to PT for it. It sucks not going for walks. At PT they told me my latest knee pain is sciatica pain. 

I'm really tired and there will be days I'm super exhausted all day. Then I will get Miles to sleep and deal with Ella and when I finally get her to sleep i'm on a second wind and don't fall asleep for ages. This contributes to less sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe he's 2 months! Also can't believe you saying you never weigh yourself, so unlike you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's been too long. I keep forgetting. The scsle is pushed up under and not just always out in this place so it's easier to not do it. And I'll only weigh myself in thr morning or at least before I eat/chug 30 oz of water.

      Delete
  2. I can't stand how cute he is. I admire how many details you document! It will be cool to look back on all this someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try. And I wish I documented even more. And I do love having it later. Comparing month to month with Ella will be fun.

      Delete