Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Kennywood (10.8.17)

Jen was in town and impromptu she said they were going to Kennywood for the day. I wanted to try to go.  It was well after 11 and it was open 12-4.  I got Miles to nap a little after noon and then convinced Dave to let Ella and me go to Kennywood.

We got there a little after 1:15 and walked into the park.   I was heading towards Kiddieland and was texting Jen and we were just right there by each other. It worked out.

Not all the rides were running. There were more than enough.
All Kiddieland rides | Auto Race | Skeleton Station (Olde Kennywood Railroad) | Merry-Go-Round | Paratrooper | Jack Rabbit
Kennywood had all kinds of cool stuff for Halloween too.  
We went on the Merry-go-round first. Ella wanted to ride a bench and not a horse.  It was not crowded at all.  I took some pictures of Jen taking pictures. I also took some pictures of them. She took some of me too.
 

We went to Kiddieland. Ella and Nathan rode the swings while Neil rode the Elephants. Then it was off to the motorcycles.  Ella and Neil sat beside each other and Nathan didn't care to sit next to anyone. 


Then it was off to the Helicopter. Ella loved it 

Neil and Ella rode the Ferris Wheel. Ella finally got to ride with someone.  Nathan was going to ride the mini pitt fall but then the employee took a bathroom break and they were just in line the entire time.

Then it was off to the kiddieland merry-go-round







Then it was time for the  Lil Phantom. Ella didn't want to ride it at first. But after seeing Nathan ride it, then Ella wanted to.


While in line for the airplanes, I asked what they were going on next. Neil said he was going on whatever Ella wanted to go on. 






Then the kids did the maize. They ran through the maize multiple times. 


 




We took pictures at the photo booth.  It was hard to get all 3 kids to look and smile.






















Tilt-a-whirl (not sure Kennywood name) 
It was so hard to get a picture because the spinning always seemed to have it so I saw backs. 








Nathan, Ella and I rode the Turtle. It wasn't as wild as the Idlewild one. 
  






Then it was time for the Crazy Trolley.  It was pretty cool. 





Nathan and Ella rode the Elephants. Neil didn't want to since he already rode it earlier.    








Nathan and Ella rode the Whip.  They both ended up putting their hands up in the air. Ella ended up putting hers back down after the fast turns each time but Nathan just held his up the entire time. They had so much fun. 







This time Ella rode the Ferris Wheel with Nathan.

The line was as short as I ever saw it so we rode the car driving ride too.








The train was unique with the skeletons decorations.   We tried to ride more rides after but it was 3:55 and they were shutting down all the rides and not letting new people in line.  So we headed out and just took a picture at the pumpkin photo booth thing.
Jen and Nathan
 Ella and me
 Neil and Ella

It was a nice time. I was shocked at how much we could do in 3 hours. Ella was free so it was only the cost of my ticket. I wanted to go back. Miles would have had fun too. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I'm so glad you got to spend time with Jen. I can't believe how big Nathan is, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super awesome that Ella got to do stuff with kids, I got to see Jen, and we got to go to Kennywood because when I wanted to go later it was super rainy so we didn't go.

      Delete