Tuesday, October 31, 2017

10.23.17

I stayed up WAY WAY WAY too late.  Then Miles woke up too early. I tried to lie in bed and have him sit and play or watch TV. It didn't go well but I did rest a little even if I didn't sleep.






Near 8 AM, I dozed off. I woke up to Miles with blood on his hands. He got some on the bed too. He had scratched behind his knee and made it bleed. Poor kid.

I got Ella to school.


Then I fed Miles breakfast. I did a tricky mom thing and gave Miles a cupcake so I could do dishes. It worked well. I gave him another mini cupcake to eat while I unloaded the dishwasher. It worked great.  Then he was pouring water slowly out of his cup and I was able to clean the kitchen more while he spent time with this.  The high chair is a good way to keep him in a spot.
















 Miles and I went to the basement. We unpacked a bit and played down there. Miles liked to help. I found a container that should have been upstairs and found some missing stuff. I felt accomplished just finding it.  In one of the containers was a pacifier. Miles picked it right up and put it in his mouth. I asked him if he takes a pacifier now and he took it out and started smiling.  Miles wanted to play outside but it was raining.








I fed him lunch. Only later did I realize that I did not eat lunch myself. Miles wouldn't let me feed him so I let him feed himself yogurt. He was so proud. He was doing alright but then decided to do more playing than eating.   I was cleaning up lunch when my parents arrived.  I got Miles to sleep right after and managed to make it to PT with a few minutes to spare.  Once I got to PT, I noticed I had yogurt on my pants.   Miles napped the entire time I was at PT.  I miss my only "free" time of the day when I have PT. But then it is easier to not have to have my parents deal with cranky Miles if he needs a nap while they are watching him.




At PT I realized I had yogurt on my pants.

I vacuumed and cleaned upstairs. Miles kept crying and was so cranky. He did not like that I was cleaning. Then I noticed he was scratching his chest a lot. I looked and he had made himself bleed.
When I picked Ella up from school she had more drawings. She had a family picture. This time the picture only had 3 people. I asked her about it. Apparently a week of being out of town means you don't make it into a family picture anymore.  Ella is quite a character. This was also the first time I noticed her stick figure having hair.
We got McD's on the way home.

While eating dinner, Jen arrived. She brought her own fast food.  In the middle of the day she texted me reminding me she was coming. I wasn't sure we had finalized it but I'm glad she came.  We hung out. She did a lot of playing with Ella.

Miles even helped when they played hide and seek. I was able to do the dishes and clean the table while they played. I sort of joined in here or there too.  Then it was time to get Miles to sleep and Ella was good with Jen and it was great. Miles went right to sleep without the distractions.

Then 3 of us played. Ella had a blast. Then we even played nintendo.  We stayed up way too late. It was after 10:30 when we started bedtime routine!  Ella came out of her room only once so that was good. I fell asleep less than 5 minutes into my TV show.  (Granted I was super duper tired after sleeping less than 3 hours the night before.)


No comments:

Post a Comment