Sunday, October 15, 2017

Miles 13 Month Update

I'll cut back on the monthly post now that Miles is over a year.

Stats:
  • Weight: 25 lb 3 oz  - 91st percentile  
  • Height: 31.25" - 98th percentile 
  • Head Circumference: 49.2 cm - 98.6th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 74% 
  • Diapers: Size 4
  • Clothing: He's been wearing the same clothes for months. I put him in the 9 mo pants more than 18 months because those ones are too long. 
  • Shoe Size: 6
  • Teeth: 8
(stats using WHO)  Stats taken 1 day late.

Sleep
He tends to wake up at 6 or so and nurses and then I stick him back in the crib. He either goes back to sleep or doesn't but tends to stay in there for a bit.  Sometimes 6:30 but sometimes 8.   He sometimes naps twice.  He goes to sleep near 8 PM.

His napes range from 1-3 hours but closer to 2. Rarely 3. I think he only naps 3 hours when my parents are baby sitting because I have an appointment.

Eating
He eats 3 meals a day. He nurses morning, before nap, and before bed. If he wakes in the night, I nurse then too. He eats breakfast in the car when we drop Ella off at preschool. It's not really a meal but a little snack to hold him over until we are home.  We eat lunch, snack near 4, and dinner.

He still feeds himself everything.

He seems to eat for a pretty long time when he eats. He nurses longer than he used to. I think I missed my weaning window if I wanted him to not care.


Sample Schedule:
Start bedtime routine pretty close to 8:00.  Routine is Benadryl, diaper change, and sing him If You're happy and you know it. while I put him in his scratch sleeves and sleep sack. Put on some ointments. Then I nurse. Asleep by 8:30.   Sleep all night! Wake up 6:00 and nurse. Wake up at 7 for the day.  Play a little, get Ella ready for school, drop Ella off and he has a snack in the car, play or do errands, eat lunch or nap, then the other of those 2, play, eat, play, get Ella, eat, sleep.
He gets Benadryl before bed at night and before nap all days.

Special Moments:
On September 13, Miles had a runny nose.
On September 14, Miles played his first iPad game.
On September 17, the baby monitor app didn't work and he was really crying and had his scratch sleeves off.
On September 18, his snot was green and very running. At least it was only bad in the morning.
On September 20, he actually walked in shoes.
On September 21, he dropped a can of soup on his foot.
On September 22, I confirmed he really did have his 7th tooth.
On September 27, I had to find new baby apps since I updated my phone and my old one that was awesome no longer worked.
On September 28, he drank bennies right out of the bottle. The bottle was closed.  This was an unfortunate discovery.
On September 29, he got his 8th tooth. He also drank a sip of cow's milk and didn't spit it out. (I had high hopes for this but he never did it again.)
On September 30, he opened a fully latched door.
On October 1, he opened a Benadryl bottle himself. It did not go well and spilled all over him. He was lying down at the time.
On October 6, he had a few sips of orange juice. This is the first time he had juice.
On October 10, he climbed up and stood on top of the kid picnic table.

Development:
Miles reaches a lot more. He stands on his tip toes to see into higher drawers. He takes everything out of the drawers. He stacks up cups or bowls from the drawers.

Miles is more aware of Poly and he will go over and pet her. He's gentle.

He will clap appropriately for If you're happy and you know it.

He can walk over the baby gate step just fine now.

Miles can easily crawl up the steps. He does turn around to check where I am and falls a little.

Communication:
He talks even more than before. But still has a long way to go. I started teaching him to sign more and he does. Maybe I should teach him a few signs just so I can be sure I know what he's trying to tell me. 


Other Tidbits:
Likes
He likes to walk around.
He likes to open kitchen cupboards and drawers and just take things out.
He likes to eat!
He likes to talk.
He likes to play.
He likes Ella!
He likes to help give himself Benadryl and even suck the medicine out of the syringe.
He likes to try to get anything that he should not have.
He likes to play outside.
He likes to go for rides in his red car.
He likes to swing.
He likes to ride on shoulders, ride the horsey, and be held upside down.
He likes turning on the light above the island. That switch is on the island and he can reach it.
He likes to play peek-a-boo.

Dislikes
He hates when he wants to go to sleep but I have to put him on the changing table first.
He doesn't like baths but he doesn't hate them as bad as he did.

Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 12 hours 5 minutes  (725 minutes) (decrease from 787)
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 27 
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 26
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Days with sleep greater than 8 hours: 24
Diapers used (from October 1-10): 5.1 per day 
Time spent nursing (from October 1-13): 1:44 per day  
Time spent sleeping (from October 1-13): 12:25 / day  (This is a new app and might be low. The other app didn't give me an average and I'm not adding and dividing myself)
Doctor Visits: 0 
Illnesses: 2


Favorite Toys
standing toy
balls
footballs
musical instruments
toy food
Little house that plays music when you do different things.
legos
toy remote
toy ipod
toy smart phone
remotes (These are not toys and we try to keep them away)
my phone (It is not a toy and we try to keep it away)
cords (These are not toys and we try to keep them away)

Favorite Songs
ABCs
If You're Happy and You Know it...

Favorite Books
none yet 

Other Tidbits
Miles started flailing out of my arms lately when I try to hold him.

Miles will nurse and stop and start lunging his head backwards. That's him telling me to put him in the crib.


Miles is more mobile so then he's less clingy and likes to handle things on his own. He also will be awake in his crib and not cry too. 

My Recovery
My knee is the best it's been in a long time. Exercises at PT are helping but I think taping it is helping the most except I'm relying on the tape so who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures this month! He is already looking more toddler and less baby like.

    ReplyDelete