Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 18

This may or may not be Day 17.
I had to get dressed and grabbed the wrong jeans. These are very similar though.
Also this outfit is the same as Day 6 but with black boots.
At first there was no wind. Then there was so much wind that my tripod blew over.

Outfit 2 of the day was for going to the park. Vest from NY&Co. Haven't warn it in years. Probably only wore it once. Got it in 2003 or 2004.
Pants are the most awesome athletic pants from Target that they stopped making.
It was quite windy at the park.

I woke up and had great intentions of running on my day off. I have all day so then I can put things off. Then I don't get my run in.

I went to the dentist in the morning.
We went to North Park to walk but also we played in the part of the lake that wasn't drained by using sticks to break the ice in the lake.
Then we went to KFC.  Then we got donuts.  Then my gravy spilled in the car.
Then we went to Giant Eagle.  If we would have skipped Giant Eagle, I could have had time for my run before it got dark. 
This is what we bought at Giant Eagle. It is almost as if we eat real food.  The can in the middle is canned tomatoes for making spaghetti sauce.  Do you make your own spaghetti sauce or use a jar?  Normally we use a jar + a million spices. Only once have we made our own sauce.  And by we I mean Dave made it and I got home just in time to eat it.
After we got home and put everything away, it was TV time. Poly just kept getting cuter and cuter.   I watched all of my shows that I had saved up from the CW and also the Mentalist because Poly was basically forcing me to stay there and watch TV.
I started watching Brothers and Sisters. I went to the couch for those. I put on the afghan. Poly jumped up on me right away. She always goes on Dave when he's on the couch.  Well I fell asleep before the opening credits even finished. At 6:30 AM, I woke up realizing I had fallen asleep and I went up to bed. Dave thought I was up that late, but I wasn't. I was only up until about 1am.

7 comments:

  1. Those jeans look great on you! I really like that shade of purple too.

    Don't stress about missing your run. It happens.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done both my own sauce and from a jar (also with a million herbs/spices), and unless the tomatoes are home-grown, the homemade sauce isn't really that much better, because the tomatoes are orange crappy hothouse ones. But with good tomatoes you can't beat making it from scratch (the old Italian grandma cook-it-a-long-time way).

    I noticed that there does not appear to be a single non-brand-name item in that whole mix. Is that by choice, or does Giant Eagle only sell brand name stuff (I forget)? All we ever buy is generic, except for Campbell's chunky soups and V8 (the generic V8 sucks so much - twice the sodium, less vitamins/minerals and tastes watery). I figure if we don't know any better we'll think generic's good. Yinz notice a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave said the generic organic milk tasted different
    the thai things were the only choices and we had to go to a different giant eagle to even get those.
    They have GE cheese but Dave is very picky with cheese.

    Generic bread is stale in 2 days so we stopped buying that.
    I don't even recognize 2 of those cereals to know if there are name brands or what.
    Spaghetti - I buy whatever is on sale. It all seems to taste the same as long as I buy the kind of pasta i want (like angel hair or spaghetti or zitti)
    Also I use generic cream of celery but see I forgot to grab it and campbell's was on the end of the row shelving so I grabbed that.
    I don't even know of other carrot options.

    That is probably enough analyzing my food.

    I never made sauce from a regular old tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make tens of jars of spaghetti from my Dad's garden every summer....it's not too hard, just ingredient intensive. I haven't really eaten much store-bought sauce...if I don't have time to make true sauce, I'll just dice up tomatoes and cook them with peppers in olive oil, then throw that over pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear to someone good, that top looks absolutely fabulous on you, and you can SERIOUSLY rock some jeans. So don't worry about missing your run, because you look incredible, anyway. :) I know it's about how you feel, though. Good luck on your race, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kimberly. I have this same style shirt in pink. I'll have to break it out after the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam, we never made homemade sauce growing up. We used Italian Paste + water and no spices.

    ReplyDelete