Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 Weeks (10.26)

I had quite a busy week. I flew bright and early Sunday morning. I also had 3 days of a conference. 

Since I had my shower in PA, I could go through the gifts at home. There were more than I expected based on the cards people gave. A few more gifts even showed up throughout the week. I can't believe how generous everyone is.  

When going through the gifts, there were 2 that I couldn't figure out who they were from. But then later when texting with a friend, I learned. I felt so much better once I knew who sent everything.  I 
On Tuesday, the crib was delivered.  We still need a mattress. We also still need to find a rocking chair we like.

On Thursday and Friday I got some exercise. I got a lot actually.  I want to do even more.  I wish I had a picture of me biking to show how I can still do it even though my belly is so big. As I pedal, I can tell my belly has to move a little. At least I don't have a bike where you have to lean way forward to use the handle bars. I do wish mine could be raised an inch now that I'm pretty pregnant.

Today I spent all day cleaning and getting ready for a shower here tomorrow that I almost forgot to make this post. I actually stayed up way later than I would have because I had to crop the pictures and make the entire post. If I remembered sooner, I would have included a ton of other pictures. 
Here are a few other angles of what I look like. I can tell I'm getting bigger in my thighs and back but you can't seem to tell so much in these pictures.
Size of baby: Bunch of Asparagus, 16.2 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 3.3 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  27.1 lb gain overall. I gained 1.6 in the past week. Those numbers shouldn't really be believed. I had to use a different scale. I'm back to my normal scale so the 27.1 is accurate but the gain since last week is using 2 different scales.



Maternity Clothes:  Same as last week: Mostly. Some t-shirts and hoodies aren't maternity. I also sleep in my yoga pants that aren't maternity. I still wear some non maternity cami's because some maternity shirts are too see through and you can see that seams don't alone. I'm probably really stretching out those cami's

Gender: Girl!


Movement: The amount of movement is crazy. My entire belly will move too. But she only  moves for a few seconds so by the time I tell people to watch my belly move, there is nothing for them to see.  Sometimes she is moving like crazy so I tell Dave to feel and as soon as he sticks his hand on my belly she stops.

Sleep: I woke up once with a baby calf cramp. I've woken up a few times because Poly is sleeping on my chest and I want to turn over so I have to boot her off. Also my shoulder will be in an awkward position because she is cuddled with me so that might wake me up. (This happened before I was pregnant but now she likes to sleep with me even more so it happens more.)  I included a picture from this week but please ignore how messed up my tank top is. (OK I included 2 pictures. One from 10/21 and one from 10/24)

What I miss: Exercising and running. Being able to easily bend over. Eating lunch meat or feta cheese. I didn't realize how much lunch meat was served at conferences or gatherings until I can't eat it.


Cravings: Nothing yet.

Aversions: Nothing really.

Symptoms: My ankles got swollen the one day at the conference along with my fingers. I actually couldn't even get my rings off. Later at night I could, so I took them off. But then I kept forgetting to put them back on so I went an entire day without wearing them!

Best moment this week: Opening the presents that have been hidden in the baby's room. It was a fun time to see so many things. Some surprised me. Some things weren't on the registry.


Looking forward to:  Baby Shower tomorrow. (But I'm also scared about it too)

Exercise:  I walked about a mile on Wednesday going to and from my car. On Thursday I biked  to the train station, walked over a mile to the conference, then did both in reverse.  Friday I did what I did on Thursday + walked .8 mile to DBC and then that .8 mile back to the conference. So essentially I had 6 workouts on Friday.  On Saturday (today), I spent 6+ hours cleaning.  According to my BodyMedia fit I had over 12,000 steps on Friday. I haven't even broken 10,000 steps since September 13. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment