Sunday, October 25, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 12


So according to plans I could
  • lift once, 4 mi, 3 mi, 2 mi,  and 13.1 mi race
  • lift once, 4 mi, 3 mi, 30 min tempo,  and 13.1 mi race
  • 3 mi, 2 mi, 3 mi pace, and 13.1 mi race
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 4 mi (2 x 1600 at 8:15), and 13.1 mi race (8:56 pace 1:57:10)
Here's what I did.

Monday: Rest. I did burpees.

Tuesday: Rest. I did burpees.

Wednesday: Rest. I did burpees

Thursday: I ran a rough ~3 miles myself. I didn't even push Ella. If I ran faster than a 10 min pace my stomach hurt. (I used approximate above because my Garmin said 3.02 and mapmyrun said 3.21 miles.) I also did burpees.


Friday:  Rest day (I did 45 burpees!)

Saturday: I ran the race! It was a half marathon but my garmin said 13.24 mi.  (Race recap to be posted later) 

Sunday:  Rest

Total Running Mileage: 16.35
Total other things: 5 burpee activities

Summary: I barely ran. I barely did anything. This was a bad 3 week lead up to a race! Very bad. My hips are so sore. 

Now I have to figure out what comes next. I am thinking a marathon but it's in 6 weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. Go for the marathon! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my friend is definitely out for the one we had in mind. Perhaps we can do one later together. And that would give us more (proper) training time too.

      Delete