Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe (6.6.17)

It was nice having a sous chef.   I based this recipe off of a pinned blog post. I'm so glad I printed it, because the blog is no longer around.  I merged my mom's recipe and the blog post version. Then converted it to a crock pot recipe.


Ingredients:
2 c rice (or 3 or 4 if you add more beef) (cauliflower rice is also wonderful but then I used a little more)
1 lb lean ground beef (I like to use ~1.5 so I have enough for leftovers)
2 green peppers (or up to 6!)
1 red pepper
1 onion (or some of an onion + onion onion seasoning)
garlic
1 can (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (I started using the ones with green chilies after I mistakenly used one once)
1 3/4 c tomato sauce
2-4 cups chicken broth (I add 2 then more if the liquid is lacking.)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt (I don't measure)
1/2 tsp pepper  (I don't measure)
1 family size of Campbell's tomato soup. This time I used Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup but not sure if it was better or worse.

Cook meat on stove. (Since June I started cooking the onions with the meat)
Cook rice
Put all ingredients in crock pot and stir.   Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 5-6 hours.

It makes everything smell so good.






 







No comments:

Post a Comment