Monday, August 14, 2017

Shift Shop Week 3

Week 3 just had too many vegetables and protein to eat.  I couldn't keep up. It was also a 0 carbs week but I would be too lightheaded so I aimed for 1 a day on purpose.  The workouts were longer and I liked them better at the beginning of the week but they were just too long for my knee to handle so then my knee got worse and worse as the week went on.  I started modifying strength and skipping so many squats and lunges and adding on more upper body stuff. My arms/shoulders got sore from that so I call it a win.  Speed uses so much lower body and does far too many things in squat position so those legs never got a rest.


8/7/17

This was my favorite Shift Shop speed workout. Except I had to get creative at the end. It was so bad with Miles crying to nurse that I stopped recording. At least in time lapse you can't hear crying.
I wasn't recording it all so you missed me stomping Miles's hand on a square hop.
The first third was done then the A/C repairman came. The rest was done after he left.




8/8/17


Strength :45 - Done I liked it the best. Barely any breaks. I increased my weights. I had to modify on the push-up rows probably because of the increased weights. My legs are tired.



8/9

8/10 - completed but no pictures. I was interrupted so much and didn't even remember a sweaty selfie.


8/11/17 The last Speed workout was tonight for round 1 of Shift Shop. I can't believe it's almost over.


8/12
I didn't have to modify bear dog. I was excited.
I ran and then did my workout tonight.
Here's a video of a move I struggle with because of my bad knee.

 8/6 My delicious food today. That salad was too big. It took far too long to eat. Most of the time Miles was even asleep. 
Yay for over 5 servings of vegetables today.
 8/7 6.75 servings of vegetables!!!
The potatoes were not quite as good leftover but were still delicious. The pork was just ok leftover.

8/8/17 -  It was the first time I had all 5 recommended meals in a day. I try so hard and can't get the proteins in.  I had so many salads. I was lazy.  The meal plan increases both veggies and proteins but I find it easier to get in the veggies.

Total:
7 ¼ Green - Vegetables (6)
1 ½ Purple - Fruit (2)
4 Red - Protein (6)
2 Yellow - Carbs (0)
1 Blue - Healthy Fats (1)
0 Orange - Seeds & Dressings (1)
3 Tsp (5)

In parenthesis is what I should have had. I knew I wasn't dropping carbs this week but I guess I could have kept it at 1.


8/9/17
Food was a bit low today.

The roasted veggies turned out well! I was scared they'd be awful and I was short on time so I didn't make that many.
My legs were very fatigued after the workout. Most of the strength workout is legs. Then the speed workout involves a lot of being in the squat position. It's too much to do it every day.


By the middle of the week I just wasn't feeling the workouts. I switched up and didn't give the last few workouts my all.  
8/10  five guys was dinner. Miles Ella and I shared a burger. Dave and I shared the hot dog.

I just wasn't feeling like cooking. I had some leftovers I could have had but then Dave wouldn't eat them. I just kept getting more and more tired unable to handle all the house stuff and all the food prep and all the workouts and all the kids stuff.
8/11/17 
That thing on the right is half a mini bagel 😬
The roasted veggies were excellent
The spaghetti squash was good. So I opened stewed tomatoes and just wasn't feeling the huge tomatoes so I just put them in the blender 😀
8/12
I ate more pasta than pictures because the spaghetti squash turned out hard. I feel like I ate more too.

As the week went on, I weighed myself more. I kept expecting the weight to go way back up since I didn't follow plan as i should have.

2 comments: