Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Fall and Bruises (6-16-18)

On Saturday, June 16, I fell when I was at Walmart.  I was taking a step backwards to get a picture of Ella on the bike she wanted. I stumbled over a bike. I kept trying to correct myself but there was just nowhere for my feet to go. And I went down... hard. I landed mainly on the metal bike rack that usually has bikes on it. I also landed some on the bike.  It hurt so bad. I looked at it after a few minutes and it didn't look bad at all but there was a little cut like a V.  We continued to shop and I left.
This is the metal thing. That bike is what I tripped over. Ella moved it back in almost immediately so nobody else would trip.   As soon as I fell, she jumped off the bike yelling "Mommy mommy are you ok." and she gave me the biggest tightest hug ever.  After a  minute maybe someone came over to me and asked if I was ok. I said yea but then whispered to Ella that I was in a lot of pain and it was a bad fall.

I took some pictures as the days progressed.



These two pictures are from the first night. Look you can barely see anything but you can see the little cut.  I said it sure was the worst fall and there wasn't anything to show for it. After I got home from walmart I had iced for about an hour.
 The next day a bruise started to show up.
 My forearm barely had a bruise but it was showing up.  (Sunday midday)
The bruise was getting darker.
I thought it was bad...but clearly it was nothing.

 Monday (so 1.5 days after the fall) things were looking pretty bad.
Then Monday night they got even worse. 
Tuesday I took some pictures of my leg. It had been bruised but my pants or shorts were covering it up.  I looked and noticed 4 bruises. I didn't get decent pictures but you can kind of tell.

This is the back of my leg. I used forward facing camera. I'm not sure why it looks so pink compared to the other ones.
I started making this post and then decided to take another look at my arm and it looked so awful I had to take another picture of it. I showed Dave and he said "Jeez o petes you look like a zombie." 
I was at a pool party today and nobody commented on any of my bruises. Maybe my daily fb update kept them enough informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment