Friday, June 8, 2018

Running Update (June 2018)

I learned from this to get us in the top part of the pic
I started running Ella to or from school.  The kids love it so much. It's been a little tricky because the first 2 times I did it the tires were flat and then today they weren't flat but kind of felt flat anyway. There are too many construction signs or just realtor signs on the sidewalks so I have to very slowly hop off the sidewalk and back on with a double stroller. Yesterday I had to drive to pick Ella up since we were going somewhere after and Miles cried for a good 20 minutes saying that he wanted the stroller and did not want the carseat. He cried prior to going in and also in the car.   Tonight Dave will be at preschool for a function so we were going to drive but the kids want me to run and then run home with them and have Dave drive separately.  They are encouraging me to exercise. But I've always heard to increase mileage slowly and so far this week I've run 6 miles which brings my total to 11.56 miles for the YEAR. The week isn't even over but I'll only run a max of 2 more miles this week.  My legs are feeling it. My groin is feeling it. Hopefully I don't end up injured.



Miles likes the run but doesn't like that I take a picture of us before I unbuckle him.

Today Ella ran for awhile beside the stroller to practice for her race. Then I said she had to hop in the stroller when the sidewalk was closed and we were about to be at the busy street. She did over a quarter mile though.
I did a separate mapmyrun for when Ella was running


My pace seemed to range from 11:08-12:04.  I've had to walk for various obstacles but the walk breaks probably help my speed at other times. I wonder if or when I'll show improvement.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention how annoying it is to hit my head on low hanging branches. In CA they trim all the trees but I swear all the people are short so all the trees are always trimmed way too low. Dave would hit his head on even more than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment