Sunday, June 8, 2003

work is my life

my hopes were dashed today becuase barb said i was there from 11-11. then i said that i wasn't scheduled all day. then i asked if i could dial out to say i wouldn't be home for dinner. then she realized there were a lot of people on for that night. she then said i could leave after this this and this. well then she added more stuff to do. if i was there 11-11 then i would have kept up the being at work more than being home theme. i knew my family was going to go out to dinner. i was trying to get off work before they left so i could call them. i was trying to sneak to dial out before i was done so they would know to wait. that didn't work. i punched out at the same time that they pulled out of the driveway. as soon as i got to the van, i called home and got the machine. i was all mad becuase i thought then i could have just worked. but i was soooo hungry. the last few hours at work, i had that empty pit in my stomach. i haven't felt that hungry in a long time. but when i got home, there was a note on the kitchen table saying where they went. i joined them. i had to wait longer for my food and the waiter wasn't all that good.

today barb asked me when i was leaving for school. then she looked like she was pondering it. then later she told me "i'm gonna train to you be an alacart server" which made me happy. sometimes the money isn't all that good becuase buisness is bad but sometimes it is really good. i hope i get trained this week so i can wait tables on father's day. but actually last year i was going to serve on father's day and i wasn't an alacart server. so i bet i will be put on the schedule for father's day unless they want me for hostess. argh you never know with chesterfields. i just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. kbredxiii (LiveJournal)June 8, 2003 at 9:16 PM

    Thought I should comment to show that I actually bothered to look at the live journals!
    and since work is slow now.
    Looks like the restraunt is going to work you to the bone again- but should get nice tips for the fathers day.

    ReplyDelete