Sunday, June 17, 2007

3 loads of laundry done. well the last load was just a comforter. i didn't put it in the dryer. it's hanging over a shelving unit to dry. my hands are so dry from the laundry detergent.

last week i picked a place for the reception and picked a caterer for the reception.

this week i hope to talk to the florist and also talk to a few bakers (or maybe just one baker) about the wedding cake and cookies. i will also mail out invitations. if i am still missing a few addresses, i'll catch them the next day. i'm also still deciding if i should register and where. i thought i should but my mom thinks i shouldn't she said you do that for a sh ower. well i'm not getting one so i think i should do it anyway. i've already had someone ask what to get me.

10 comments:

  1. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 18, 2007 at 2:29 AM

    Colleen, this is Judy. I think you should register, that way you will receive items that you want and it makes it easier on the people buying gifts. The last wedding we were invited to had where the couple was registered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 18, 2007 at 3:58 AM

    my mom thought people would just give money and that registry was just for showers. i got worried since i haven't been to weddings recently and i've never received my own invitation so i wasn't sure what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 18, 2007 at 10:28 AM

    A lot of people will give money. The ones who don't want to will atleast have an idea what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 12:09 AM

    Yeah, I think a registry is still a good idea too. Even though I know you've already decided on one :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM

    You do what you want to do, not what I think you should do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 12:47 AM

    I don't want your mother to get mad at me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 1:14 AM

    but i like others opinions but i still do what i think. also who made these last 2 comments?

    ReplyDelete
  8. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 1:15 AM

    so i've at least decided on one place. linens and things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. anonymous (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 3:24 AM

    The last two comments were by me - Judy. I don't want your mother to get upset with me for giving my opinion. The final decision is entirely up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 19, 2007 at 4:02 AM

    she doesn't read my journal anyway and she knew i wanted to register and it was really my opinion and then hers so i wanted others. i haven't been to many weddings ever and i haven't ever received my own invitation so i wanted opinions to see if registry in an invitation was even ok.

    ReplyDelete