Monday, July 18, 2022

10k Training plan

Once one Garmin Training Plan ends, I start a new one. Since I had a really bad May and June with running, I set up the training plan for a 10k. I have done 3 half marathon training plans but didn't run a single half marathon race. I had to shorten 2 races and 1 training plan was a lead up to a longer race. 
Lately the training plan is not very confident in a 58 min 10k. That's the time I made up. I almost hit 60 min 10k in May without trying super hard so I thought 58 might be doable. The hills here get me though. 

I keep making nice spreadsheets of different types of runs and how I did but then when I screen shot it, they never upload to google since auto backup doesn't work and my storage is almost full. When I try to manually upload them, that never seems to work either! I managed to upload a recent one but I've done more. I like the little snap shots. I also made sure to do the little table this time because I accidentally had my watch set to .25 vs 1.0 so then it split up each 3 minute segment. I was never sure if i made it or not.  After doing this workout above, I learned strava was cool with the laps but also shows the mile splits. I got mad that garmin never would give me mile splits with the laps. It's funny that Strava does since it just gets the data from Garmin. 

I made up the training plan but maybe I can actually find a race to do. I just need to find one right around September 17. 

I also added a Garmin Segment for the first time. Now when I run back up the hill at the end of the run, I can see how I do. I was trying out the various streets but nothing was way better than the rest. Now I just run the same way so that I can compare the segments. I made a spreadsheet super confused why i couldn't view them all at once on the Garmin app. Here the laptop I was on would show more than 1 but just based on everything else and the pop up window size it only showed me 1. Then my other laptop showed 2. 2 still isn't enough. I have yet to try it on my desktop. 



Below is this week and next week on the training plan. I actually did 2 quick miles on treadmill not shown here since I just did run vs workout plan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment