Thursday, July 16, 2009

lots of things

today was such a bizarre day

I ran in the morning before work. It's the 2nd time. I only lasted until the middle of the 10th lap before my shins started killing me.

I then came home, showered, got ready, took my picture because my face was still red


(This shirt for a better view. regular black pants and my grandma shoes)
and then headed to work. After my shower I just threw my hair up in a pony-tail almost bun thing. Up until about 4:00PM it was still damp where it was all smashed together.
My cheeks also stayed red then pink until about 11:00AM

I think it's only the third time i've worn my hair up. The other 2 times I used a claw thing and this was the only time with regular ponytail holders. The other 2 times I wore turtle necks too.
Well all day today I got compliments about my appearance. I got compliments about being all dressed up. Mind you in that picture from 2 weeks ago to the day I was wearing much fancier shoes and the same shirt. I had on a fancier necklace last time too. I think I got more compliments today than the last year put together. Also I noticed people eyeing me.

Then after work I headed to the gym. The cleaning guy thought I was a new trainer. Then after I said no, he introduced himself to me. He gave me a fist bump instead of shaking hands. it was weird since he's probably in his 40s. His name is Rico.

Then today the workout was so good. I was able to increase weights. I did more than normal and i felt great. I had gotten so weak by the end that lifting up my purse and gym bag were so hard like they were heavy even though they weren't. I love that.

I came home to find the top coat put on our driveway and also almost all our neighbors on our side of the street. We are all parked on the road.

7 comments:

  1. iamoddd (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM

    I always like those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cynic2022 (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM

    Hair up always equals sexier, its like the hair equivalent of a low cut top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

    I don't get that
    my hair up sucks.
    i have a short neck
    i have no chin
    i have those little baby hairs and a ton of them around my hairline


    actually the last time i wore my hair up a guy in my group said "hair up. i like it" when he walked by my cube. i was so surprised that i didn't process what he said until he was way past my cube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM

    maybe i should have used an icon with my hair up

    all my icons are 2+ yrs old. I should work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cynic2022 (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM

    If you had hair up all the time it would be different, it'd be more like walking around topless. But when its only up *sometimes* it's like you're revealing a bit of the mystery. Its unexpected nudity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 1:12 PM

    i was thinking how it can't be all the time
    and someone who wears their hair up all the time looks awesome when they wear it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous (LiveJournal)July 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM

    OK, you can flirt goosey, but That's about it!
    Only kidin', I know you're a good woman & wiffe to my baby boy!

    ReplyDelete