Saturday, March 2, 2013

Groceries (2.16)

I do everything I can to carry all the groceries up in one trip. I try to put the bags on my shoulders but some days most of them slide off. Usually they last almost until I get to the front door.

On February 16, my groceries weighed 67.5 lbs. I sure was struggling with all of them especially when they were all sliding down my arms.  I had trouble going through the door too. I know how much they weigh because as soon as I got in the door, I weighed myself carrying everything, then I put all the groceries down and weighed myself again. The hard part is subtracting.  I weigh my groceries often and usually I carry about 55 lb worth.  I can't believe how much of a struggle 67.5 lb was.  I was also wearing high heels so that could have contributed.  The 2-Liter pop was so heavy, but we were out and you had to buy so many for the deal.

Do you have a method for grocery shopping or carrying all your groceries inside?

4 comments:

  1. I go to the grocery store often enough that everything I get can fit in the bag I carry with me. Also, I put them in the basket of my bike sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I grocery shop alone, it all fits in 1 or 2 bags. It's when I'm with PB that we use a million.

      I tend to like to take 2 even if I will only use one. You never know. But 1 is always a crappy one that is small but it folds nicely for inside my purse.

      Delete
  2. HAHA this is so funny... I go to the store with 8 things on my list, and come home with 8 bags. I carry them ALL up the stairs because I don't want to make another trip! hahaha I just hang all the bags on my left arm.. and the rest on my right haha Opening the door is difficult at times LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who carries too much so they don't have to make a 2nd trip.

      Delete