Saturday, October 12, 2013

29 Weeks (Oct 12)

Since I'm not home, I don't have all my original files to make new collages that look right. Here's a picture from today but you will have to look at last week for some other pictures. Maybe next week I'll make something that looks cool.

I had my baby shower today. I will have a separate post for that. I still need to get all the pictures and load the couple pictures on my cameras. But it was a good time. It was a record short shower. I think multiple people spent longer commuting than actually at the shower.

The flight to Pittsburgh wasn't so bad but I'm so glad we got the extended seats. The flight would have been awful if I was more cramped.  By the last hour my back was bothering me. My ears didn't bother me at all though which was super awesome.

I'm a lot more out of breath zipping up and down my parents steps than I used to be back in the day.  I've also noticed I'm getting heavier all over versus just in the belly. My skinny maternity jeans might not even fit me for that much longer.

I forgot to mention last week that I got my glucose test results. I had a doctor appointment this week and we discussed them. I knew my numbers were low enough to not have gestational diabetes but my mom was concerned maybe they were too low. According to the doctor they are not.  My fasting number was 70. That is pretty low but the range of acceptable is 60-100 so not too low. After 1 hour it was 116 and just needed to be less than 180. After 2 hours it was 93 and just needed to be less than 153. Keep in mind these are different numbers than would happen after a 1 hour test or 3 hour test. You drink 3 different amounts of the sugary drink for them.

Size of baby: Butternut Squash, 15.2 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 2.5 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  20.9 lb gain overall. I gained 2.9 in the past week. Even though those numbers are all wrong. The weight this week is on a different scale AND after my shower so I was in all my clothes with soaking wet hair. (Next week's measurement will be on the same scale but hopefully without the wet hair.)



Maternity Clothes:  Same as last week: Mostly. Some t-shirts and hoodies aren't maternity. I also sleep in my yoga pants that aren't maternity. I still wear some non maternity cami's because some maternity shirts are too see through and you can see that seams don't alone. I'm probably really stretching out those cami's

Gender: Girl!


Movement: Same as the last few weeks. I can feel movement. I can hear a heartbeat.


Sleep: I'm having more trouble sleeping than I have been. Turning over is a little harder than it used to be.  Sometimes my back or my calves hurt.  Poly likes to sleep on top of me more than she used to and sometimes it starts to feel like there are bricks on my chest so I wake up.


What I miss: Exercising and running. Lunch meat on salads. 



Cravings: Nothing yet.

Aversions: Nothing really.


Symptoms: Maybe nothing. Maybe the same.  Sometimes my back gets sore when I'm slouching for an extended period of time but I'm pretty sure you should never slouch so I should probably stop. 

Best moment this week: My baby shower


Looking forward to:  Partially the same as last week: Can the end of December get here soon enough?  I'm too impatient.   

Exercise:  I biked a lot on the weekend. My 2nd longest bike ride yet.  I biked to google once. I don't think I did anything else but maybe I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment