Saturday, June 21, 2014


Ella kept taking very short naps in the morning. She was super pleasant. I couldn't tell if this was a good sign or a bad sign for later in the day. Well later she got fussy with all her teething. She kept pulling on her ear and chewing her hands, too.
Ella and I went to the park for a redo of our photo shoot with the photographer, Lisa.  This time Ella went first. Ella was happy that we stuck around. We talked to new people. Ella made friends. Ella "talked" to her old friends, too.  She made a new friend that is just 1 week younger than her. We (ok maybe just me) are excited that she can hang out with someone similar in age. The other babies tend to be 2-5 months older than her.
We got home around 6:15. We were there a long time. I got home and fed Poly. Then I went to load pictures on my computer. I noticed the power strip beeping but didn't think anything of it. I just thought it was beeping annoyingly like my old one would sometimes. Then after about 5 minutes of being home, I realized the power was out.    It was so hot. Dave didn't want to come home since it was so hot at home. I said that was no fair. It was hot and miserable.  I took some pictures of Ella because what else is there to do without power.
Once he got home, We went to Olive Garden. We were going to take her Bumbo when we went to restaurants so she could sit in that. We forgot. She hates her carrier.  She only lasted about 5 seconds in that before we had to hold her.  We didn't want to disrupt other diners.  I ate about 1/3 my food before realizing I better go to the car with her or she would get extra noisy soon.  Dave finished eating inside and I nursed in the car.  He ended up having to wait extra for the check so I was done nursing by the time he got back  I ate my food on our way home. I used my fingers.

We got home and still no power. Earlier it was projected to be back on at 8:45. It was wrong.    I got Ella to sleep near 9:45. Not too bad considering it was so hot.

I did not sleep well since without power we don't have our baby monitor.  Around 3 AM the power came back on but the baby monitor still wouldn't work yet. Well I didn't even try it but knew it wouldn't work until it was reset in Ella's room.   I kept waking up every half hour or so. I'd think I'd hear her crying but I never did. One time it was just the sound of my own breathing.  I was so exhausted.  Ella slept all the way until 7:10. She usually wakes up at 6:30.  I guess being up for like 6 hours straight made her really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment