Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 7 of Half Marathon Training


(June 1-7. I wrote this and forgot to post it)
So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4.5 mi, 50 min cross train, 7 mi run
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4 mi pace, 8 x 400 5k pace, and 9 mi
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, cross train, and 9 mi
  • 3 mi, 6 mi (4 mi at 9:00), 2 mi, 11 mi 
Here's what I did.

Monday: Rest (Potty train Ella)

Tuesday: Rest (Potty train Ella)

Wednesday: I ran 3.31 miles doing .25 mile repeats. I jogged .25, then ran .25. I got a time of 2:00 so I made that my goal time for each future .25 mi.  I alternated and only continued the jog from 3.25-3.31. My times were 2:00, 1:58, 1:54, 1:58, and 1:55.  Not bad!  My overall pace with the jogs in between was 9:04

Thursday: I ran 5.07 miles. I ran with Diana and then continued running since Ella fell asleep. I took it slower because fast bumps were waking her up. My pace was 11:04.  The slowest pace on the training plan that lists paces should have been 10:30. 


Friday:  I ran 4.52 miles. I started early and then ran with Kathryn. Then we walked 3 miles after since Ella was asleep. She woke up but we did walk some more.  Our running pace was 9:55.

Saturday: I ran 9.01 miles with Marie. We ran 3 miles with Ella then dropped her off at home and ran 6 more. We ran from my house to Shoreline. That was so weird to do.  Overall Marie wanted 11 min pace but we went too fast too early so we didn't quite make it.  I was impressed with our 6 mile time. She is improving. 

Sunday:  Rest Day.

Total Running Mileage: 21.91 (impressive considering I didn't get to run early on with the potty training)
Total other things: 1 walk

Summary: My total miles are near where they should be. My long run is getting longer each week. I feel like I'm on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment