Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 8 of Half Marathon Training


So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4.5 mi, 50 min cross train, 8 mi run
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi pace, 40 min tempo, and 10 mi
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, 5 mi pace, and 10 mi
  • 5 mi, 4 mi, 4 mi, 5 mi 
Here's what I did.

Monday: I ran 4.32 miles with the mom group. 

Tuesday: I ran 4.09 miles then walked 3. I started with Diana and ended with Kathryn. 

Wednesday: I ran 3.53 miles total doing some speed work and jogging to the next spot and then did .25 mile repeats.  We took pictures so I ran fast while Marie took my pictures then I had a break and took her picture.  Then she watched both kids while I did 4 repeats and then she did repeat. Then I did 2 more bonus ones.  My pace for each quarter was 7:21, 7:24, 7:24, 7:19, 7:05, 7:10. I was impressed. It was nice to not have a stroller too. I jogged maybe .1 mi between them. 

Thursday: I ran 3.51 miles and then walked ~3.4 miles after.

Friday:  I ran 10.06 miles with Marie. We had a double jogger and had to take many breaks mainly for Ella. It took a long time! 

Saturday: Rest Day. I did planks as part of my 7 day challenge (80 second plank + some variations).

Sunday:  Rest Day. I did planks as part of my 7 day challenge (90 second plank + some variations).

Total Running Mileage: 25.51 
Total other things: 2 walks, 7 planking activities

Summary: I went further this week because Ella fell asleep on so many runs so I got to add on in my neighborhood. I ran 5 days in a row. I cannot remember the last time if ever that I have done that. I specifically took both weekend days off because I ran 5 in a row and didn't want to over do it.  I actually did a speed workout. I'm happy with my week. 

1 comment: