Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Miles 9 Month Update

Stats:

  • Weight: 22 lb 11 oz  - 91st percentile  
  • Height: 30.1" - 98th percentile (he was impossible to measure. It was between 30 and 30.5)
  • Head Circumference: 47 cm - 95th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 72% (this is practically double what it has been)
  • Diapers: Size 3
  • Clothing: I've been putting him in mostly 18 month onesies. He wears some 12 month t-shirts. Pants are 12 or 18 months. 
  • Shoe Size: N/A
  • Teeth: 5  
(stats using WHO)

Sleep
We were at my parents for a little less than half the month. Then when we moved, he started waking up more again at night.   3 out of the last 4 days he slept all night.  His all night is actually falling asleep around 8:15 and waking up at 5 AM.   For the most part all month he's taken one long nap. There were a couple days he had a short nap and then he took another short nap.

His sleep was a lot better this month than last month but I still spent most of the month not getting much sleep at all because Ella was still up and I was unpacking. Putting curtains in his room helped even more.

Eating
He has been nursing a ton when he wakes up and a ton before nap.  He doesn't nurse much other times.

He eats 3 meals a day and sometimes 4. He really likes his meat. If meat is involved he throws his carbs on the floor.  He liked broccoli a lot more before. I think it's becoming old new.

Here are a few examples of what he ate for lunch the other day:
yogurt
broccoli
grapes
apple
turkey lunch meat
crackers

Sample Schedule:
Start bedtime routine pretty close to 7:30. Asleep by 8:30.   Sleep all night (or wake at midnight, or wake at midnight at 3 am),  Wake up at 5 am for the day and half snooze was nursing for 30-45 minutes.  Play a little, Eat breakfast,  Play.  Nap close to 10 am for 2 hours. Eat. Play. Eat. Play. Bedtime.

Special Moments:
On May 11, Miles pulled up to standing.
On May 12, he was sitting and fell over onto the ceramic tile. He had a big red mark.
On May 15, I swear he said Pap-Pap. I asked him if he did and he said it again.  But then he never said it after that.
On May 16, I asked Miles if he liked being at our house closing and he shook his head no.
On May 17, the app wasn't on and Ella was in with Miles at 4 AM. Then Ella kept interrupting and since Miles likes her, he wouldn't go back to sleep.
On May 18, his hair is so long it's messed up.  We went to the zoo.
On May 21, his arm got stuck in a hotel crib slat.
On May 23, he was on my back in the Ergo for the first time. Then he fell asleep.  He went from sitting to standing without any help.
On May 26, he vigorously waved bye.
On May 27, he went from on all 4s to sitting.
On May 28, I noticed a 5th tooth. It was really coming in so it was there a little bit and I didn't notice.
On May 29, said "hi dada." Then later he called for Ella. Once she came he said "I want mama."
On June 2, he cruised from one side of the couch to the other because he wanted something.
On June 3, he crawled 10 inches.  Later I put him down to take pictures of the birds and he made it off the rug to the hardwood floor trying to get to me.
On June 4, Miles bit me while nursing. It bled and hurt a lot for days.
On June 5, he was up at 3:25 and went back to sleep on his own.
On June 6, he sat on the potty chair for fun. He loved it and was smiling so big the entire time.   He crawled to me (just a short distance).
On June 8, he was nursing at 4 am and had so much spit up. That wasn't fun.  He crawled a step.  He picked up keys and let go and bobbed back and forth but stood.
On June 9, he waved nicely to me. He had his first sip of cow's milk because he wanted mine.  He liked it.
On June 10, he sat on the potty for fun. He left stinkers right away and loved it. He was grinning the entire time.

Development:
He still isn't crawling but he seems to be getting closer. He likes to stand holding on himself for quite awhile. He sometimes grabs something and then forgets and lets go and stands for a bit. He rolls less because he keeps attempting to crawl. He will go from crawling position to sitting all the time.  He does a combination of sit and try to crawl and repeat to make his way across the room. He forgot how to drink out of a straw (which makes no sense to me because he can still suck the medicine out of a medicine dropper). He stopped being pleasant on diaper changes and just tries to flip all around.  He still stays mostly still in his crib. Sometimes he's scooted his head toward the edge of the crib but besides that he is mostly in the same position. 

Communication:
Words Miles consistently says with meaning are Mama, Mom, Ella, yeah, and hi. He likes to babble a lot. He's said some other words that made sense with what was going on but maybe that was all in my head so I'm just counting words he's said quite a bit. 

Other Tidbits:
Likes
He likes to be the weights in bench pressing and overhead extensions (while lying down).
He likes me around. He doesn't like Dave to hold him while I leave the room for any reason.
He likes to eat!
He likes to talk or coo all the time.
He likes to watch TV.
He likes Ella!
He likes to look at Daddy.
He likes to help give himself Benadryl and even suck the medicine out of the dropper. Then likes to disassemble the dropper.
He likes to be held on my left hip.
He likes to dance and likes music in general.


Dislikes
He doesn't like being itchy!
He doesn't like when we put the scratching sleeves on him.
He doesn't like when I put him down on his changing table.
He does not like it if I talk while he's nursing. If I yell because Ella is calling me that is even worse.
He doesn't like to nurse with any distractions.
He hates when I leave the room.
He doesn't want anyone but me to greet him when he wakes up.


Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 10 hours 3 minutes  (603 minutes)
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 24
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 19
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Days with sleep greater than 8 hours: 9
Diapers used (from June 1-10): 7.3 per day 
Time spent nursing (from June 1-10): 147 minutes (2:27) per day  
Time spent sleeping (from June 1-10): 13.7 hours per day
Doctor Visits: 0 (He doesn't have a doctor)
Illnesses: 0


Favorite Toys
jumperoo
pianos
musical instruments
brush
toy food
legos
Giraffe teether
books
doll
stuffed animals
walker (sitting at it and playing)

Favorite Songs
ABCs -- This song is his favorite by far!
Whatever Ella sings to him

Favorite Books
none yet (He's liked books but doesn't seem to have a favorite)
He has liked some touch and feel books and The Very Hungry Caterpillar


Other Tidbits
I give Benadryl 2 times a day but there were two times this month where he was extra itchy for a day or 2 and then he went back to his normal.  I still have him sleeping in his scratch sleeves but I don't use them any other time of the day.
I'm amazed how thick his hair is. He just keeps getting more!
Miles is still at the stage where he only wants me. He will be freak out crying and someone else will pick him up and he's not calmed at all but then as soon as I pick him up he stops crying right away. He reaches to go to his grandparents but then immediately wants me back.  Sometimes if he's playing and I leave the room he's fine but as soon as he hears my voice or sees me then he really wants me! If I get away to unpack I have to try not to talk so I can get a few minutes to be productive. 

My Recovery
I don't think I've weighed myself all month but my clothes fit the same. I'm still wearing maternity shorts!  My knee bothers me a little going up and down the stairs all the time. I'm so used to it now that the pain is my new normal. A couple times when I lifted a heavy box my groin bothered me like it did a few months ago. I ran twice with Ella and once myself so hopefully I can get back into things.  I'm eating goldfish as I type this so that's probably why I didn't lose the weight yet!

As always I feel like I forgot to include so much. I feel like this month was even worse than normal. If I talked to you in the past month about something I didn't include, let me know so I can add
I took pictures at 7AM but they didn't go so well when I was in the chair too so then at 7:30 PM we did some retakes.

2 comments:

  1. He's cuter every day and getting so big. Don't feel bad about the maternity shorts. I was the same way it took forever to get back in my old pants. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear non maternity jeans if it's jean weather. But I never bought interim shirts last time and haven't had time for purchase this time.

      I need pants that are high in the back so I don't moon people but low in the front so they are below my gut.

      Delete