Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 32 - Black (11/2)

Shirt: Work
Mostly hidden shirt: Express
Pants: Express
Shoes: Littles

I spent Monday night at my parents and when I got dressed I forgot to put in my jewelry.

For the first part of the day I helped with Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day.  Then I drove towards my house, voted, and went home.  I then worked from home longer than I should have.
We made pancakes for dinner.
Poly stole Dave's seat
I spent the entire evening cutting paper for my Stampin' Up Class
Poly was constantly in my way
I was up until 12:30 cutting paper for the class.
I still felt half sick. It was an extremely long day for not being sick and super long for being sick.  Mind you I also had to wake up extra early to leave the house by 6:15 to get to the 2nd day of Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day.  Lack of sleep is not good when you are sick.

Now I thought this was the last day of my Color Rotation Challenge.  There are two things about that. Brown is really the last day. I just realized this now. Also I planned to redo gray with my 2nd shirt for IGE Day.  So Gray would have me in presentable attire.
Being sick really put a damper on me posting.  I still almost got one post a day but just not the posts that I wanted to do.

Being sick sucks.  Being sick sucks extra because I don't get to work out.

For those curious what Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day is I will explain it.  Our company puts on this event. It is a 2 day event.  We invite all the high schools in the area.  Each school can bring 4 juniors.  We put on different presentations about engineering and they do different activities to show them what engineering is. It introduces them to it (hence the name).  Teachers bring them.  Some home schoolers actually participate too.  The day ends with a career panel where the kids can ask any questions they want. They are trying to match each person with the profession.  They can also ask any questions they want.  I was on the career panel this year for the first time.  The kids couldn't guess which profession was me.  They guessed quality engineer for every other person first.    I also lead the mechanisms activity. I have lead that activity for 5 years.  This is the first year I didn't participate in the Bay activity. That activity is where the kids make a "machine" to receive foreign material out of the steam generator.  The foreign material is a candy bar. The machine is made out of things like a hanger, plunger, container, duct tape, dowel rod, and other random materials.  We do this event for 2 days and each year roughly 80 students get the opportunity to participate.

2 comments: