Monday, November 8, 2010

30 for 30 outfit 1: 11/8/10


3 out of 4 things worn were used in my last 30 for 30. (results)
Accessories:
Necklace: Target
Tights: Target
Outfit 1 isn't so hard because it's basically like you have the pick of your closet.  So this doesn't mean much.

I tried out tights. I'm pretty sure I hate them with this outfit.  On a positive note, I tucked in the baby-doll Tee and my skirt did not spin once.  This might reinforce my thoughts that the skirt was too loose to begin with or these might be unrelated things.

The cardigan kept coming unbuttoned all day. I need to get out the needle and thread and make these button holes a little tighter.

Were you hoping for something more from outfit 1 from 30 for 30 or is this good enough for now?

Be honest, what do you think of the tights? Would pantyhose be better? Would patterned tights be better?

If I had to guess, I would bet that this skirt makes it into the rotation 4 times and this sweater 1 more time. I don't have any outfits planned out, but that's just a guess.
Today was my first day in the new building at work.

I get the sun in my eyes for the first three hours. I saw a sun dot just like how you see a flash dot after a bunch of flashes; Everywhere I looked, there was a flash.
Then starting at 1:00PM the sun starts going down and makes a bad glare off at least one of my monitors.  It would be 2 monitors but I move one.  It made my eyes hurt.  

I tried to find the stairs and failed. I did find the cafe and the bathrooms though.

I found the printers but they did not have paper yet.  I'm sure by tomorrow that will be taken care of.

I have to leave 10 minutes earlier to get to the gym on-time. That is a bummer.

I went to body pump and then I ran 1 mile afterwards. I did it on a treadmill and in 8:26.

I watched Criminal Minds and Undercover Boss with my husband this evening.

My food for the day.
Breakfast: Bagel
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Bagel, Grapes, Uncrustable
Snacks: Grapes, Goldfish (a ton)
Dinner: Hoagie, 12 Fudge Stripe Cookies
Snack: Twizzlers

I ate a lot today.
Poly on Dave when I got home from work

3 comments:

  1. I love the tights with this outfit - I personally wouldn't do patterned tights because the pattern and color of the sweater would be a lot, but I'm sure it could be done.

    In general I don't like pantyhose, so I definitely wouldn't wear those (only for court or interviews, that's what I say!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try textured tights. Like charcoal wool ribbed ones. Nice pick for day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, see I think pantyhose are for all occasions especially the corporate world. I think I have seen maybe 3 people ever at work wearing tights. Today I have on checkered tights and I'm afraid to leave my cube.

    Tights are warmer but tights make me feel like I'm dressed like an idiot. They are so far outside my comfort zone.

    Elisabeth, I was thinking about textured tights. The gray ones are actually a little fuzzy. I have gray ones that are smooth and felt they made me look like an idiot. I need to find more places that sell tights. So far Target has the best ones of what I've purchased because they sell M/T (and the T is helpful for tall/long legs) but actually today's tights are the same size as yesterday and not quite making it to my crotch. I can't see this day ending well.

    ReplyDelete