Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Miles 12 Month Update

Stats:
  • Weight: 24 lb 11 oz  - 92nd percentile  
  • Height: 31" - 90th percentile 
  • Head Circumference: 48 cm - 94th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 86% 
  • Diapers: Size 4
  • Clothing: I've been putting him in mostly 18 month onesies. He wears some 12 month t-shirts. Pants are 12 or 18 months. He's worn some 18 month and 2T shirts. The 18 month pants are too long but they fit better in the butt. Some 9 month pants seem to fit him when they didn't used to. 
  • Shoe Size: 5
  • Teeth: 6  (I thought he might have a 7th tooth but it's hard to tell now that 6 teeth are pretty big)
(stats using WHO)

Sleep
He really sleeps through the night now. I am enjoying sleeping until 8 AM. Most of the month he had 2 naps but lately he just has 1.
Eating
He eats 3 meals a day. He nurses morning, before nap, and before bed. If he wakes in the night, I nurse then too.

He still feeds himself everything.

He seems to eat for a pretty long time when he eats. He doesn't nurse very long. He even motions to go in the crib at night instead of nursing to fall asleep.


Sample Schedule:
Start bedtime routine pretty close to 8:00.  Routine is Benadryl, diaper change, and sing him ABCs while I put him in his scratch sleeves and sleep sack. Put on some ointments. Then I nurse. Asleep by 8:30.   Sleep all night! Wake up 8:00 for the day.  Play a little, get Ella ready for school, drop Ella off and he has a snack in the car, play or do errands, eat lunch or nap, then the other of those 2, play, eat, play, get Ella, eat, sleep.
He gets Benadryl before bed at night and before nap all days.

He naps 2 hours almost every single nap which is good.

Special Moments:
On August 11, he had a few sucks of a lollipop and he loved it.
On August 13, he walked a few steps to the ottoman. He peed in the tub!
On August 14, I noted that the past couple days Miles has been clapping more. I asked Miles what was in his mouth. He said Apple. I didn't believe it. Fished it out. It was apple! He almost flipped off the changing table but didn't since I had his leg.
On August 15, he was probably awake an hour before he was loud enough to hear (at 8 AM).
On August 16, he walked 3 steps.
On August 20, he walks a few steps all the time now.
On August 22, he walked on video!
On August 25, he sat on the sit n spin with my help and loved it.  He bit his upper lip when he fell and it was bleeding.
On September 1, he walked numerous times.
On September 2, he walked a few steps multiple times.
On September 4, he is walking a lot.
On September 5, he walked and turned around and walked back without holding onto anything.
On September 6, he's a walker all over now!
On September 9, he worked hard to assemble medium sized Legos. He was so proud.  He had his first forward roll. Everyone at his party saw it but me!
On September  10, it was his 2nd day in a row when he wants to nap, he climbs on me to try to get to nurse. He's definitely walking everywhere. He's way more aware of everything lately.


Development:
He has to be coaxed to wave but then he does. 

He likes to shake his head no. Usually to actually mean no but sometimes when he's really tired he is falling all over the floor and shakes his head. 

He knows the routine and puts his arms through the sleep sack and scratch sleeves. I haven't really asked him to help pull off shirts when I change his clothes so I should start doing that. 

Miles tries to talk a lot. If I have context, I figure out a lot of things he's saying. But mostly I have no idea. 

He's been more demanding. If he sees something he wants, he's vocal about it.

He can listen to commands like say "ahh" or "give me what's in your mouth" so that is nice.

He can pick stuff up off the ground and go back to standing without even holding onto anything. He can walk and loose his balance and just put his arms down on the ground and then get back up without his butt ever being on the ground.  He just stands and walks everywhere now. 


Communication:
He talks even more than before. But still has a long way to go. I started teaching him to sign more and he does. Maybe I should teach him a few signs just so I can be sure I know what he's trying to tell me. 

Other Tidbits:
Likes
He likes to walk around.
He likes to open kitchen cupboards and drawers and just take things out.
He likes to eat!
He likes to talk.
He likes to play.
He likes Ella!
He likes to help give himself Benadryl and even suck the medicine out of the dropper. Then likes to disassemble the dropper.
He likes to be held on my left hip.
He likes his toys that play music.
He likes to try to get anything that he should not have.
He likes to take stuff out of the shopping cart when we are at the store.
He likes to swing.
He likes to ride on shoulders, ride the horsey, and be held upside down.
He likes turning on the light above the island. That switch is on the island and he can reach it.
He likes to play peek-a-boo.
He likes to walk and stop and start clapping. He got this from all the times I clapped at him as he started walking.
He likes to hold onto someone's hand and walk around. He is more stable that way than walking himself so if he wants to travel far he wants a hand to hold onto.


Dislikes
He doesn't likes to be the weights in bench pressing and overhead extensions (while lying down).
He hates if he's crawling towards me and I change directions or walk away from him.
He hates when I try to change his diaper on the floor.
He hates when he wants to go to sleep but I have to put him on the changing table first.
He doesn't like to nurse with any distractions.
He doesn't like baths but he doesn't hate them as bad as he did.

Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 13 hours 7 minutes  (787 minutes) (increase from 722)
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 29 (All but 1 day)
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 29
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Days with sleep greater than 8 hours: 27 (This is the best by far!) 
Diapers used (from September 1-10): 5.6 per day 
Time spent nursing (from September 1-10): 84 minutes (1:24) per day  
Time spent sleeping (from September 1-10): 13.8 hours per day
Doctor Visits: 0 
Illnesses: 0


Favorite Toys
standing toy
walkers
balls
footballs
balloons (this scares me)
musical instruments
toy food
Little house that plays music when you do different things.
legos
toy remote
toy ipod
toy smart phone
remotes (These are not toys and we try to keep them away)
my phone (It is not a toy and we try to keep it away)
cords (These are not toys and we try to keep them away)

Favorite Songs
ABCs -- This song is his favorite by far!

Favorite Books
none yet 


Other Tidbits
I give Miles Benadryl at 11 AM and 8 PM daily. 

Miles likes to hold his giraffe and my pillow while nursing and when going to sleep. He also likes his fleece blanket and afghan.

My Recovery
My knee had some good days this month but mostly bad. I lost some weight and gained some weight back. I'm still down so that's good. I hurt my wrist a few weeks ago and that still bothers me.  I cannot believe my knee still bothers me. I can say it's officially be a year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment