Sunday, September 10, 2017

Miles's First Birthday Party (9.9.17)

I had a busy week getting ready but knew the prep in advance would help. It did.

Miles woke up at a time I didn't want because of when his nap would be.

While we were setting up, Ella said we needed flowers at the center of the table to make it super pretty. I told her I didn't have flowers but she could try to find some pretend flowers or lego flowers. She went and looked. About 10 minutes later, she interrupted me in Miles's room asking me to put on her socks. Then she came back with shoes. I asked why. She said she had to go outside and pick flowers. She said she was going for a walk. I made sure to tell her she was not allowed to go outside alone.  Then I came downstairs after failing to get Miles to nap and I saw flowers in a vase on the dining room table!  My dad went outside with her and they picked flowers from the back yard. The flowers looked nice too. Ella is too much sometimes.

The party started at 11. My parents were early to help and the the next people showed up a little after 11.   Then 11:30 and then 1:15.

Miles was very good. He was walking and playing and fine while I was getting food ready.   I took him up to nap right at 12 . He would have normally napped at 11 and he did so well going late.  I tried to get him to nap at 10:15 and that had failed.

Then he napped 1.5 hours. He missed actual eating and woke up and we did cake.  He just chilled there and ate his cupcake. Then ate another cupcake. He was so pleasant. My dad tried to feed him some real food next but he just ate a couple bites.


He played even more. He had fun. He warmed up to everyone. He wasn't stressed. He didn't get his stress hives.  He didn't cry.  He held onto various people's fingers to walk around. He wanted to say bye to people. He'd reach for them.   Besides my parents the last relatives left near 5 PM. I was so glad people stayed long.

I was about to put Miles down for a 2nd nap but then he was still pretty pleasant so we played more.   My parents left after 7 PM.  Some of us had more dinner and some had more cake.

Overall I was shocked how well everything went.  Miles was excellent. Ella did get in trouble a few times. She was demanding while eating. She also liked to hang out with everyone and had fun.

Sarah brought her violin and played that. Miles liked it and so did Ella.  Actually everyone liked it but I really liked that the kids liked it.

My dad helped clean up a lot but after I got Miles to sleep for the night, I spent more time doing all the dishes so they are at least done! Miles was so tired from his busy birthday that clanging dishes didn't even wake him up!

We said no gifts for the party but some people still brought gifts. We didn't open them while everyone was here.  Ella opened Miles's one gift while we were saying bye to people and commented about the money he got.




Here's the buffet of food after almost everyone went through the line.


































 I told everyone no gifts. We still got a few. Ella helped Miles open some. Miles found one but was more into the post-it note on it than opening it.














 Miles was tired and went to sleep!
Then I did a lot of dishes!

1 comment:

  1. My kids both slept awesome after their first birthday parties too. I'm so glad everything went well. You got some great pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete