Sunday, June 5, 2016

27 Weeks (June 5)



I had my glucose test and results were posted later that day. I sent them to my mom and her first reaction was something about aren't the numbers too low. And I remember last time she said something very similar. So then I had to go look up my numbers to compare.
I fell going into the garage this week and twisted my ankles a little, landed on my knees on the ground, and landed on my elbows against the car. But only my knees got a little bruised. My ankles were a little sore the next day or so which caused me to force myself to not workout. My face was about an inch from the car when I landed. It could have been so much worse. I also think the car broke my fall a lot and if I hit the ground fully, I would have been hurt way more. I'm also glad I was wearing capri pants at the time so my knees weren't as banged up.
I keep thinking I look huge this time then compare it to last time and it puts it into perspective. I am a lot bigger than other pregnant friends who are further along. Then also some people show even more. Everyone is just different.
Size of baby: Cauliflower, 14.4 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 2 pounds, which is the same weight it listed for 26 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  19.3 lb gain overall. I gained 3.0 in the past week.


Maternity Clothes:  Everything is. I even stopped wearing my Shaw shirts or at least the one I put on this week because it was a little too snug.

Gender: Boy


Movement: There's a ton of movement. I don't even use my doppler to hear the heartbeat. 


Sleep: My sleep is not so good. I fall asleep so late with my computer on me because Ella is up too late and I don't have time to get to anything during the day.  She was even up past 11 last night and she didn't even nap. Then if I wake up in the morning or someone (Poly or Ella) wake me up and it's daylight I have a heck of a time falling back to sleep. Twice I was up at 5 and spent 2 hours trying to go back to sleep only to sleep a tiny bit more before it was time to wake up for the day. I wake up once to pee but usually I just go when someone else wakes me figuring I'm already awake and I better go now.


What I miss: Exercising more. Being able to easily get up and down off the ground with Ella. 


Symptoms: Going to the bathroom A LOT. My low back hurts at times because my posture is so bad.

Best moment this week: The weeks keep flying by. I'm not sure. I think Ella having a blast in the pool was my best moment of the week.


Looking forward to:  Ella's birthday party, my shower, the baby coming!


Exercise:  I ran Monday. It was pretty darn fast but Beth pushed a double so I didn't have to push a stroller. I taught a bootcamp on Wednesday. I swam in the pool many days.
Same this time: I gained more than I should in the week! I had my glucose test this week both times.


Different from last time: I feel like we actually did baby things last time and this time we did not. Our crib arrived last time and assembling our crib is on the to-do list but we haven't done it.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you fell. I had to look up my glucose results to compare to yours. This time around my number was 117, so similar to yours with Ella. IDK what it was with Parker. 75 does seem low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was yours a 1 hour or a 2 hour test? I know in PA they do 1 hour mostly and around here 2. Some insurances did 1 hour a couple years ago here but switched to 2. I was trying to compare numbers but the amount in the drink is different so it was hard to compare my 2 hour ones to friends who did a 1 hour 1.

      So far I just saw official results but the doctor didn't respond to them and I haven't had an appointment for her to discuss it. But I doubt she'll even say anything unless I ask.

      Delete
  2. Looking at Ella standing next to you, my guess is that she would be up to my waist. She must really be growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also wearing 4 inch heels. She normally looks even taller.

      Delete