Thursday, July 12, 2007

some more updates

so my knee is hurting again.

i went to my asthma doctor today.he's now my allergy doctor too. i think i left with 5 different things of free samples. it was like a giant eagle type bag full. he also told me about the half marathon that i posted about earlier. we talked about weddings some. i saw him jot down a few notes about my breathing tests. he told me they were good but his notes said something otherwise. some type of obstruction at the end or something. i was confused. i didn't ask. i told him how i started running again and i am so out of shape and i said about around Christmas when my knee hurt for so long. i told him how it hurt for 2 months before i went to the doctors. he said "you think that's bad. well i went 4 months before seeing a doctor about my ankles" ...he is a doctor.... 4 months... he explained his problem and fix too and last week was the first week he could run again.he won't be doing the half marathon this year. my mom doesn't think i can handle training for that and planning a wedding. i really want to do it to prove people at work wrong. they dont think i can. i never wanted to. i wanted to do a 5k. then this other person was going to do a half marathon with his gf and his gf asked me to do it and i didn't want to and she was saying how we should and this and that. but then their training lasted about a week so they aren't doing one. their half marathon is sept 2 in maryland. i guess whatever gives me inspiration. but i'm not sure i can really do it. i think it'll be really hard. i can at least finish but not do it in a good time.

i really need to work on drinking water. my feet kept cramping up today in the pool. i probably drank a total of 8 ounces of liquid today (all water) and maybe about 8 yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. kbredxiii (LiveJournal)July 13, 2007 at 5:28 AM

    well I am all for a challenge esp in proving ppl wrong, so that part of me would say go half marathon!!

    from a sensible running point of view, I'd say running a 5K when starting to train a month or 2 in advance is a good goal, esp b/c you haven't been running consistently. or to make it even harder, you could try to race the 5K! now you certainly have to be in good shape for that. but then if you do a 5k sign up for a half marathon after it!

    I'm organizing a 5K for my department and just went around to professor's offices to recruit them to run. If I end up being able to run this race (we don't have enough volunteers to help time and such at this point) then my goal is to beat my advisor!! :-p I haven't started training yet.

    Haha I might find out when you get out of work and start calling you to decide what to run for the day...sorry I'm slacking on a running plan, I've been meaning to research one, I'll try this weekend. The toughest part for me though is being consistent for more than 2 weeks at a time, I've heard once you run consistently for 3 then its becomes easier to stick w/it. Softball is finally ending, so that should help free up some time, though I can't decide whether I should try to be waking up early to run in the mornings before work, or run right after...waking up is hard enough already, I think I'll let that be and go for after besides thats when you're running too the heat is just another challenging lil monster to beat. hehe. Ok this almost seems long enough to be a post, I think I'm headed out for the day soon, I'll call you to fig out when to go to Davids Bridal on Sunday and we can pick colors/dresses to try, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)July 13, 2007 at 5:43 AM

    i hear in this months runners world they have a training plan for what to do to train for a half marathon. a coworker told me. his girlfriend's roommate had one.

    see i so want to run the 13 miles just to prove people wrong. i had no desire to run one before.

    i can't run after work. can't handle the heat. i do it around dusk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)July 13, 2007 at 5:48 AM

    oh maggie thought that i'd definitely be able to train for a half marathon by sept 8.

    ReplyDelete