Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 11 - Outfits 10 and 11 - Pittsburgh YGN Skate Party

Tights: We Love Colors - Hunter Green (The same ones Ashley wore too)
Skirt: NY&Co.
Sweater: Express
Belt: Target
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Necklace: Charlotte Russe

I was very impressed with my outfit. It was the first time I tried the belted sweater.  I also consulted my color wheel. I almost wore my Navy tights with my green shirt and wasn't sure about it. I went to the color wheel and would you look at that. Plus the necklace is the Sage Shadow color (plus another color but we will ignore that.) (I consulted the old color coach because my new one is still downstairs from the Stampin' Up Class I had on Monday.)
I also bought Maroon and Navy Blue tights.

I get to work thinking how I'm going to get such a great workout in after work. Then I realized I was wrong because it was the NA-YGN Skate Party. I didn't have a change of clothes either. Oi. Then I thought about it and thought that I also wore this sweater to the skate party last year. Now I know nobody would remember, but I did wear it.  Then I proceeded to tell everyone all day about how I wore this to the skate party last year.  Then I looked it up and I also wore it to the BFKS event for NA-YGN last year.  In addition to all that, I went about 10 months without wearing this sweater at all.

Well the car is in so we can pick it up... aka buy it.  This also puts a damper on my plans. We also need the title from home. We can't get it on Saturday because of the car show.
So at lunch we go home, get the title, and get me some jeans and shoes to change into. I was rushed so I didn't grab a different shirt. We went to Pizza Hut buffet on our way back to work.
I changed at work before leaving
Jeans: Indi
Shoes: VS Boots
We quickly go to pick up the car but you can't buy a car and trade in your old one quickly.
A few notes on the car:

  • It is a Ford Flex
  • It is ugly
  • It is some shade of red with a white roof
  • It has a lot of fancy upgrades
  • We had to settle with ugly to get a car with enough head room for my husband. 
  • My husband made a spreadsheet with head room and other features on a ton of cars. Ford has the best head room.
  • Westinghouse employees get a good discount at Ford and we didn't even know this at first.
  • Leather interior
  • Navigation
  • Cooler in the middle row console
  • Seats 6
  • The headlights are so very bright.

Then we were off to the skate party. Dave was actually going to go. He did not plan to go but decided that he might go when we were at lunch.

I wish I had my better lens to get pictures while people were skating. They are mostly blurry or weird, that's why I put them into a collage.
At least the weather was a lot nicer this year than last year.

How did you spend your Friday?

15 comments:

  1. Very fun party! Whitney did a fantastic job planning and executing...tough the excellent weather definitely assisted. I'm glad you put up some photos.

    I'm not so sure about the belted sweater look, but I am a fan of colored tights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo I'm getting some We Love Colors tights to review them! Hope they're cool and comfy. Yours looks SOOOO nice! And you look lovely in your pictures. I miss ice-skating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The belted sweater makes you look so tiny and fit! Of course, you are tiny and fit, but it certainly accentuates that!
    Seeing the Pittsburgh mention led me to look at your about me page. You went to RPI? My college played you all the time in hockey! In fact, I just read that we JUST beat you in overtime tonight.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, I thought there should have been more diet pop. They apparently had a ton of pop in the fridge still but no diet. At every NA-YGN function diet is always the first to go and usually we get half and half or more diet and it is still always gone. I'm just being picky with that but it is a good LL to pass on to other chairs for other gatherings this year.

    I have more photos but didn't put them all up.

    As for the belted sweater look: I was sitting talking to Jen and Dave at the party and got all excited because Whitney had a belted sweater on. Dave and Jen thought I went crazy. I analyzed and Whitney's sweater had little loops for the belt so they must have come together.

    I thought the belted sweater looked better with the skirt than it did with the jeans. Also with the skirt I was trying to tie in the brown shoes better.

    Just wait until I try the belted scarf sometime. That to me is still CRAZY but everyone on fashion blogs is doing it. (Just nobody I see in real life is doing it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lula, the tights were good. I just wish the waistband was a little lower. I could pull them all the way up to my chest. I did have a little difficult time getting the tights to my crotch but I do with almost every pair of tights/pantyhose ever. Some I jut have more difficult time and this was a less difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I just had to look up the RPI schedule to see where you went. HA. I did go to 3 hockey games total when I was at RPI. Oh maybe it was only 2.
    Freshman year I did something with 2 friends where we rode down the ice on a tricycle and then had to get up and shoot the puck into the next. my knees were too big so my short friend made the shot before I was done riding down. I cannot believe nobody took a picture of that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Linda I forgot to mention thanks for saying I look slim and fit. I try to go for that look (since I am) and swear some outfits make me look 20 lbs heavier. I have noticed recently that almost no shirts fit me from the back. I need to start looking in the mirrors from behind when I"m shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you guys had a blast at the skate party, and you looked beautiful in both outfits. That dark green definitely suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look really good in green, and I like that sweater a lot.

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, Thanks. It's funny that up until a year ago I only had 1 green sweater (different shade). I guess I should have been wearing green all along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice!

    I totally didn't know W employees get a Ford discount. Hmmm. I will need to look into this in more detail.
    I like the Flex, admittedly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That color wheel thing is so nifty! I really like this outfit, and I think the belt works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angeline, I have the color wheel and another color coach with the newer Stampin' Up colors. Who knew my crafting habit would help my real life habit (you know the habit of wearing clothes).

    Thanks about the belt. Do you think it works well with the skirt and with the jeans or do you favor one over the other?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ colleen - I think it works really well with the skirt. If I had to choose, I think it works better with the skirt than with the jeans. I think it's because many skirts don't have belt loops to begin with, so placing the belt elsewhere seems okay, while most pants have belt loops, so it feels weird that the belt isn't on them? But it still looks okay with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angeline, funny you said that reasoning because I thought that. That's the reason I thought it was better with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete