Monday, February 7, 2011

30 for 30 Winter Edition: Day 7 (February 7) - Stampin' Up Class

I had to wear a blazer today to get a professional picture taken (well retaken).  This time I specifically asked the photographer to take 3 pictures instead of just one. He just took one again. What kind of photographer only takes one. He still didn't email it to me so I haven't seen it yet.
Most of the day I wore the blazer unbuttoned.  I was cold so I left it on all day.
After work I changed into jeans. These aren't my 30 for 30 jeans. I grabbed the wrong ones, but I already had my outfit for today so I'm ok.

Shirt: NY&Co. (I sewed the wings on this shirt. I thought it looked awesome all day but look at the picture from the back. I guess good thing I wore my blazer all day.
Skirt: Express
Boots: Famous Footwear
Tights: Target
Necklace: Gift

Jeans: Express

I really like how this color looks on me. I never realized how much I liked it.
I took the blazer unbuttoned and the jean pictures after work. The pictures turned out a ton better.
After work, there was a Stampin' Up class at my house. There were 9 people including me.  We started a little late and we ate dinner and we were still done in 3.5 hours. I was impressed with us. I also planned a few really simple cards to help us get it done quicker. 

During the Stampin' Up Class, Poly wanted to be the center of attention. Someone even said she wanted to quit making cards and play with Poly. Poly was sleeping on my bag of supplies at one point.  I would try to reach around her and get into my bag and she would hit me.  She stole my card that I was in the process of making. It only had the base and the ribbon on it. She stole it from the ribbon.  I'm so glad everyone who visited liked cats.  Poly also tried to play fetch with us. She kept reaching through the chair to hit the girl beside me. I sometimes sit in that seat and Poly bothers me when I'm there. 

Image 245

BTW I cheated and wore my $5 Nickel shoes when I put on jeans instead of putting back on my boots and then I stepped wrong going onto my porch and scraped away a bunch of the front of the shoe. The material is gone and it is not just that it could be polished. That is what I get for cheating.

I submitted an overheard thing for Sarah's Overheard Friday. Now just to remember the other crazy stuff I overhear to send her something else this week.

Perhaps rules aren't lame. I thought the gray skirt and black blazer were stupid most of the day. I realized after the fact that I could have worn my floral skirt. That would have been better. sigh.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Lindsay. 3 or 4 of those colors are retired, but I have some DSP left (that is similar) so we could do it at a class sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buttoned blazer is so form fitting and flattering Colleen! If your pro shot doesn't work out, you can always use one of these.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda. I fear it won't work out. It was awful last time. I think the guy thought I just hate pictures of me. I told him I take my picture daily so I know I can look alright in pictures. He stopped replying to my emails after that.
    The 2 pictures on the left where I just have on the shirt and no blazer I think I look great in those and I usually don't think I look great. Too bad the blazer is not on so I could use that and just somehow put in a blue background behind me. I mean I liked those pictures so much that I emailed my mom to tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty in a blazer! love the black and pink. I just started following your blog! :) this is my first 30 for 30, so I'm still getting the hang of things- you always have great pics though!

    Spare Change Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Allison. I didn't realize I liked that shade of pink so much until these pictures. Now I'll probably wear the shirt all the time. This is why I put things in my 30 for 30 that I don't normally wear. I wanted to quit wearing the same 3 skirts and 5 shirts (OK maybe it's not that bad but it is close). My first 30 for 30 was awful. I had a hard time remember what combinations I already wore so it was super challenging that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, cheating is okay every now and then.

    That pink really is a fantastic color on you. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your take on the blazer outfit and as far as the chocolate cake goes...it was devil's food cake. extremely delicious and highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're right--that's a great color on you. and it looks awesome with a blazer, both skirted and, um, jean...ed.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pop of pink especially in the black skirt and jacket combo. Also like how you did a collage of the different poses.
    Your cards are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daphne. Thanks I liked the pop of pink too. I think it was way better than a white shirt would have been.

    I did the collage using picasa. All the pictures have to be in the same folder, control select the ones you want then go to Create and Picture Collage... Pick the size and style you want. If you chose too many pictures and it looks too busy, delete a few. I do that often.

    Also thanks about the cards. I do a lot of classes with them. It is time consuming and I never charge enough for the classes so I basically make no money. Eek.

    ReplyDelete