Friday, March 21, 2008

impressed!

Once we got home from dinner, we started going through boxes in the garage. We had these 2 big containers (well not as big as those plastic containers you used to pack stuff in when you moved) and we filled both 4 times and threw the stuff away. Then we also through away some broken up boxes with stuff in them. Sometimes I had to fight Dave to get him to not through away some of my stuff though. We didn’t totally finish. There are 4 or so half full boxes that we need to condense, then 2 thatthat have some scrapbook stuff in them that I didn’t realize were down there, and one more big one with blankets in it. Oh and the wedding centerpieces boxes that I’m trying to sell to someone.

Dave said that gram’s table was the best table we ever got. He said he wouldn’t have worked as long or gotten as much done if he had to keep getting up and down going through boxes. We were able to pick boxes up and put them on the table as we went through them. I also took inventory of the boxes. So I’m glad we had the table. It’s always so boring to do stuff down there myself. So in the past I’ve quit after like 5 minutes.

This morning I was also going through some clothes. If you add up the clothes I went through a few weeks ago that I haven’t given to goodwill yet and these clothes, it’s 64 things. I think I need to go through my shoes again.
I hate how I like shoes but then I wear them and can’t walk for a few days. Next time I wear the one dress shoes with a skirt I’m wearing in my walking shoes and changing in the building and changing before leaving too. That would help A LOT.

I’m also giving my wedding dress to goodwill. I was going to throw it away but remembered how they have dresses there and some people can’t afford to buy it new.

at 5pm when i hadn't gotten dressed yet I didn't think my holiday from work would be a productive one.
around 1:00 PM i started watching Men in Trees. I watched 4 episodes today. I guess it was fun to relax.

2 comments:

  1. iamoddd (LiveJournal)March 21, 2008 at 3:23 PM

    I’m also giving my wedding dress to goodwill. I was going to throw it away but remembered how they have dresses there and some people can’t afford to buy it new.


    That is the nicest thing. Most people hold onto theirs forever and never look at it again. I might be inspired to do the same thing as you, if anyone ever wants to marry THIS horseface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM

    I'm glad someone realizes it's a nice thing to do.

    I have told numerous people I was going to get rid of my dress and they all told me not to saying they still have theirs from their wedding. that's the only reason i didn't get rid of if yet. i almost tried it on again because my mom had told me how she tried hers on again before throwing it out. but i was lazy and it's been less than a year so it'll just be more work than it would be worth.

    We're also giving dave's 5XL jacket to goodwill. it's super warm. He only wore it twice. He's too much of a polar bear for that coat. He was going to throw it away but goodwill may like it. Too bad big people think there won't be big clothes at goodwill and then they might not go to check it out. That coat was big and bulky. He wore it in Troy when it was -20 (or maybe that was the wind chill)

    ReplyDelete