Thursday, March 5, 2020

Running at Night

Here are some of my tips for running at night. I recently read an article with tips and didn't think it was very good.

Back in 2012 I wrote the above and never wrote or finished my post. 8 years later. 

I would say to use a head lamp. Get a good headlamp. I have a cheap one and a $50 one and the $50 one is so much better.  I had a flash light I used at one point too. The back part of the flashlight was sharp and you could use it against an attacker.  When 2 of us were running with just one head lamp it was tough if I looked a little to the side then my friend briefly couldn't see.

I also wish I had more bright and reflective clothing. It's not so bad when I'm on a sidewalk but still every street I cross even if it's a little street, I wish I was more reflective.

Now I don't run at dark and I don't remember what else I was going to say.   I've run at dusk a few times only because I don't get out early enough. I've used my same headlamp I had 10 years ago. Also I like more well lit areas because I'm more likely to roll my ankle otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment