Monday, April 27, 2020

Coronavirus (March 2020)

I wrote this in March but never posted it. I probably planned to write more but never did. Maybe I'll post this and then post one for April.  This is just some random notes about dealing with our first global pandemic.

We watched as China had more and more cases but still went about our business.
Some events about a month out started canceling or postponing.  Some cases but not many were happening locally.

Ella got sick but a cough and a cold. She still went to school.
On Saturday night Miles was up almost all night coughing and unable to breathe. I took him to urgent care when they opened (on March 8) and he got a steroid and a double nebulizer treatment.
On Sunday March 8, Dave took Ella to gymnastics. She didn't want to go but Dave said if she didn't go, she couldn't do fun stuff so they went.   Dave then went to the farmers market and Target.  He said that his started to feel sick while out. Around 3 PM he felt like death and had to take a nap.
On Monday and Tuesday it seemed like I had a cold but I'm so busy taking care of everyone it's even hard to notice and think.

He was sick all week from work. On Thursday, he went to the doctors. We sent the kids to school. (Well I kept Miles home Monday because of his cough and then I kept him home on Friday afraid Dave had coronavirus.)

Dave talked to his doctor many times and went in. She said he might have coronavirus but she couldn't test him. She said if he was still sick in a week to go back in.  She made a point to say she couldn't test him anyway and to just rest at home.

I forgot to mention Liam had a cold too. He had a cold that lasted 13 days.
Ella's cough and slight runny nose lasted more than 3 weeks. For the 3 weeks she has had a fever off and on many times.  (Adding: Her cough/cold lasted well over a month.)

Dave says the more he reads, the more he knows he has coronavirus but they just won't test him.

On Thursday, March 19 I woke up  achy, with a fever, and having trouble breathing.  I contacted my doctor.  The NP replied saying it was just a cold.   Then later the doctor called saying she thought Dave and I should be seen at the respiratory clinic.  We went. They looked at all 3 kids too.   Liam had an ear infection. Miles was still wheezing so we were told to continue his inhaler. We were told Liam was wheezing too. I thought he was better!

Now it's March 25 and we are all so much better but actually not in perfect health yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment