Friday, October 26, 2012

Week 8 - Training (10.1 - 10.21)

(well multiple weeks worth since initial Week 8 was lacking but I wanted to post this because I started writing it and I liked the image)
Previous Summaries
I have been more of a slacker with posting about my runs than I have been about running and I've been a pretty big slacker about running.

I won't say what all the training plans said to do because I clearly didn't follow even close.
See details below. 

Monday: I went to the gym and did weights for upper body.  I did 30 minutes. I used the machines plus did biceps and triceps with free weights.  (I forgot to do back exercises.)

Tuesday: I used the elliptical for 21 minutes while reading.  I was on a strict time table by the time I went to the gym so I didn't have time to go longer. 

Wednesday (10/4):   I again went to the gym.  I used the elliptical for a 10 minute warm-up then did weights for my legs.  It was my first leg weight routine in probably a couple months. I only worked out for a half hour but since it was my first leg workout in awhile, I didn't want to overdo it. I did leg curl, leg extension, squats, and lunges. I can't believe it actually took that long to lift but I did time it.

Thursday: I ran and I did weights.

Then I had 4 rest days in a row. I guess I couldn't have my good start to October continue.

Tuesday: I ran 2.16 miles.  I also did weights and foam roller later in the day. 
Wednesday: I ran with Hilary at Bay Trail. I had to make her stop running at 3 miles because I've been too much of a slacker lately. We walked the last mile back to the car. 
Then I had 2 rest days


Saturday: I did elliptical and weights. 

Then I had 3 rest days in a row. (I'm a slacker.)

Wednesday (10/17): I ran with Hilary.  It was really hot. We decided to do a smaller loop because it was so hot.  California weather spoils us and 86 degrees was just too hot.

Thursday:  I ran right before lunch for a quick 1 mile.  Then later in the day I went to the gym and used the elliptical, did weights, and ran .5 miles on the treadmill.
Then I had 2 rest days again!

Sunday: I ran with Hilary and already posted that. We did a total of 5.16 miles but walked .5 of that.

Total Miles: 17.28 miles
That's 3 weeks of running and that mileage total is actually less than any of the plans week 8 training.

Final Thoughts:
If I was actually keeping track the run on 10/21 should have ended week 13 of training. Good thing I wasn't able to do the race or I might have died trying to finish it.  I am so out of shape.  At least I am lifting weights more and doing some cross training. I'm not getting the miles in but at least I'm doing something. I'm still doing less than I want to but I'm getting back into it. September was an awful month and I'm trying to get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment