Thursday, March 9, 2006

today

my ride to the energy center was the worst. im me and ask me about it. then i had a mini interview with a manager and a team leader. then i went to lunch with the manager to continue the interview. then i left that and got to the hospital only about 10 min late for the diabetes teaching for Dave.  I just got hoem 20 minutes ago. THere were 8 diabetics at the teaching. there were 4 or so people there like me that were there for support of a person. Everyone else was more than twice as old as us. i think 3 people were roughly 4 times as old as us. I think someone was 78 and someone was 90 and i'm not sure how old the other 2 pretty old people were. Dinner will be ready in liek 20 minutes.

I will hear early next week from westinghouse. She found it funny how they handed us. she always thought once you were offered a job and accepted that you were put on payroll even if they didn't have a position for you.

I still have to call and get my work schedule.

7 comments:

  1. elcaminogirl (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 5:49 AM

    So do you think you got the job?

    Diabetes runs in my family. All of my family members either got it after their 40s or when they got pregnant. My cousin just had her third baby and got diabetes. It went away right after she had the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 7:26 AM

    I did not get it. PB got it. I got the call aroudn 2:30 today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elcaminogirl (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 7:56 AM

    That sucks. Tell PB I said congrats. Do you have any other interviews lined up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 8:45 AM

    no. this manager was talking to other managers about me or so she said. she was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. elcaminogirl (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 10:58 AM

    So the manager talked to another manager... What does that mean for you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 13, 2006 at 1:04 PM

    ok so no matter what i'm workign for westinghouse. i already accepted their offer. they have to place me though. apparently that is taking awhile. what it means for me that this manager is taking to other mangers is that if they have an opening i might be considered first since i was talked about and also this new manager has my resume so i have a one up on the other candidates that only have their resume in.

    it is a very weird situation that they hired us all and didn't have positions for us yet. they hired about 150 people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. elcaminogirl (LiveJournal)March 14, 2006 at 1:37 AM

    Well congrats on getting an eventual job!

    ReplyDelete