Tuesday, February 24, 2009

update on me

I went to PT. I was told how great I'm doing. how I'm so good i should be able to drive and pretty much go back to work. told that i'm walking really well.

then i see dr fowler. he removes my stitches and the wound splits open and bleeds
now i have butterflies (or well steri strip or something) and i have a lot to change it and i have to go back next week now. and i have to "really baby it" now and if there is any drainage i have to immediately call dr rogale or wissick (sp) and be seen immediately since fowler is out.

i got benzoin little tubes too because the butterfly won't stick to my skin enough itself. he gave me the tweezers and scissors he used to take out the stitches. said i could use them to help me with the steri-strip.

I go back to work Monday. he gave me the option to go back monday or go back Tuesday after my next appointment.
i got a note to park close at work but i don't know if it's good enough and i mentioned it to the nurse person. she gave me her direct line and said to call her and she would fax whatever they need.
he said i'm allowed to continue PT but i think i need to skip the 1 exercise because it would stretch my skin too much.

I'm limping like crazy now.
Also, no shoveling for a few weeks but he said the snow will melt anyway.

he said i can vacuum bit that it would take a lot longer than normal to vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment