Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 7 - Training

Previous Summaries
The Smart Coach plan has me doing 3 mi, 6 mi (tempo), 2 mi, and 11 mi

Hal Higdon's have me doing 4.5 mi, 4 mi (repeats), 3 mi, 4 mi, and 9 mi (plus lifting)
The other Hal Higdon one has me doing 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4.5 mi, and 7 mi.

This week I have done 2 mi, 3 mi, and 2 mi.   See details below.

Monday: I slacked off all day so it ended up being dark so I decided to just do 2 miles on the treadmill. It was a rough 2 miles because I had just finished eating KFC minutes before starting to run.  My stomach wasn't too happy with all the running.  I  started off doing 3% incline for .25 then 0% incline for .25 and repeat at 6.6 mph. But then I swapped it to 7.6 mph and 6.6 mph intervals.  I did 2 miles in 17:28 (9:00, 8:28)

Tuesday: Rest - I had my running clothes on all day and just never did it.


Wednesday:   I woke up planning to do mile repeats (6 miles counting warmup and cooldown). As I got ready to run, I realized that wasn't going to work so I decided I'd just do 3 miles.  After about a hundred yards, I thought I should cut my run down to 2 miles.  After .13 mi, I was at the intersection where I had to wait for the walk signal at the light. I just wanted to pass out right there. I didn't even want to stand up to wait. I just wanted to hunch over. I thought if that's how I was after .13 maybe I shouldn't even be running.  Before I had time to contemplate that, I got the walk signal so I set out to run.  It wasn't so bad as I got going.  I still thought I should stop at 2 miles but then I thought how I'm so behind on my running so I should do 3.  After I was done, I barely made it up the steps to get to my apartment. I just wanted to pass out.  I could barely stand long enough to get water.  I didn't eat anything before my run.  It was 75 degrees and sunny. I drank only a few sips of water that was leftover in my cup from the other day.  I basically did everything wrong. 

Even with feeling awful and doing everything wrong, I still beat my goal.

Thursday: Rest

Friday:  Rest (because I was a huge slacker and just not feeling it. Even though I knew if I got out there and started running not only would I like the run but I'd also feel better in general.) 

Saturday:  Rest

Sunday: I should have done a long run but felt under the weather.  I set out to run 2 miles only. When I had to wait to cross the street, I felt like I was going to pass out (again). Then I figured I'd set out with a goal of 9:30 pace. I've done this before but for some reason I thought that meant my splits had to be 2:15. I didn't realize this was wrong until after I got home and looked at my data. I was having trouble getting 2:15 so I decided to make my goal 9:40 pace so I could add 3 seconds to each split. This is the first time EVER that I have screwed up what the splits should be.  I also had trouble adding the bonus or penalty seconds from one split to the next. This was the first time I had trouble doing that.  In the past I might only have trouble after 5 or so miles of adding it all or if I got up to over a minute.   

Total Miles: 7.23 (So pathetic) 
Total everything else: weights once (Monday), and a walk to/from dinner
Total suggested by training plans: 22, 24.5, or 19.

Final Thoughts:
This week was so awful that I feel like I should do a repeat of week 7 in my goals and just call it week 8 and only follow 11 weeks.  I'm even debating trying to find another half that is later on because of how bad my runs have been.  I felt lightheaded so much this week and just couldn't get a good run in. I don't know why. On Saturday, I napped on the couch with 4 blankets, a hat, gloves, and a hoodie on. I would have rather been running.  I'm so mad about this week. 

1 comment:

  1. If your feeling lightheaded something must be wrong. You need to watch out for yourself. Can't have you passing out in the middle of the street.

    ReplyDelete