Monday, March 31, 2014

3.5 - Rhonda Visits

Ella slept 10 hours exactly. Too bad I was up for almost 4 before going to bed. I assumed she'd wake up soon because she barely ate. I was wrong. I did slept almost 6 hours. Then we played. We were still up when Dave's alarm went off. I told him I felt so rested since I had consecutive sleep. He always sleeps straight through but his alarm was set for earlier than normal. He probably got 7 hours of sleep and he said he never felt so tired.  All 3 of us socialized then Ella went to bed. I was getting tired so went to sleep at the same time as her. We did this twice.  We got up around 10.  We played again for a good while.

A friend from Dev Bootcamp, Rhonda, came over and showed up just as I was nursing and she was about to fall asleep. Ella didn't seem to want to go to sleep so I went out and greeted Rhonda. A few minutes later Ella fell asleep in Rhonda's arms.  We put her in the crib then ate lunch. As we were cleaning up the dishes, Ella woke up. Pretty good timing I guess. At least we finished eating.
I fed her. Then Rhonda played with her while I went out and ran 1.5 miles. I got back to hear Ella crying. Rhonda said that I was right in that Ella will be pleasant and playing and then all of a sudden cry/get fussy because she peed in her diaper. Rhonda was just changing her as I walked in so she was still crying from the diaper.  Ella is still cranky so I feed her before my shower. I started on the left side but wasn't sure if I was on right or left. Ella didn't want the left. I switch her to the right and she eats up a storm. Then I look on my app and I should have started on the right. Ella was trying to help me out.
I think this is when Rhonda took Ella to play while I showered. I got out of the shower to Ella crying. She had peed again. This girl is insane with how she cannot handle a wet diaper.  I feel like I must have played or something before my shower based on the timing of how I document on my app.  I nursed Ella after my shower but before even combing my hair.  Then Ella fell asleep on me. We waited a few minutes before getting up and putting her in her crib.  Rhonda touched up my hair. There were a few slightly long spots in the back. Ella woke up just as she was finishing. She slept 20 minutes and I think 10 of that she was still on my lap. This is why I never end up getting anything done.

It was already 3 PM by this time so I feel like more had to have gotten done since Rhonda arrived besides eating, running, shower, fixed haircut. She arrived shortly after 11.
We played a bit.  Then went for a walk a little after 3:30.  We walked 1.5 miles. Ella slept for maybe 20 minutes of the 30 minute walk.
Then there was some playing, a diaper change, and food. She somehow required pacing around. She didn't want to sit. She had a little more food then finally fell asleep. I was afraid to move her so I sat there and let her nap on me. When Dave got home, I had to drive Rhonda to the train station. I put Ella in her crib at this point. Dave said even before we left, she woke up and started crying.   The trip to the train station took forever. We hit so many lights red. Then coming home it was awful too. I got home and see Dave standing outside with Ella. I think I was gone 25 minutes and he said she cried the entire time until about 2 min before I got home. Bringing her outside helped.

I took her inside and fed her. She ate forever and ever and ever. I thought she went to sleep at one point but when I went to move she woke up and started eating more. So it was about an hour after I took her inside that she finally went to sleep.  She went to sleep at 7:40 PM.

While I was nursing dinner arrived. Dave had ordered Chinese. But he was doing his exercises so didn't actually start eating until I got out there. It was all awful. He said it cost like 50 bucks too and we'd have leftovers.  Well after we rejected that we had to make more dinner. Dave and I watched Person of Interest. Then I watched a show or maybe 2. I can't remember and I'm typing this less than 24 hours later; it'll just be awhile to post until I get pictures ready. I went to bed after that.

4 comments:

  1. So strange she doesn't like wet diapers. I was thinking maybe it is a UTI and it hurts for her to pee. But I'm guessing it's not since this was March 5th and you never mentioned anything else about that recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She almost always hates a wet diaper. Now if she's having fun she doesn't complain but otherwise she might. She might not cry until you move her so she's sitting on wet pee. I actually read about a UTI a bit before and she didn't have any other symptoms. Now that she's "older" she plays more and won't cry with a wet diaper until she's done playing.

      Delete
  2. Oliver hates to be wet too - everyone keeps telling me maybe it means he'll potty train faster in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People tell me that too. Too bad she's startling to care less about a pee diaper. By potty training time maybe she won't care at all.

      Delete