Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Kennywood (12.3.17)


We decided to go to Kennywood to see the Christmas lights.  It was from 5-9 but we left late so we didn't get there right at 5.  It was pretty crowded. It took far too long to buy tickets and get through security. Miles wouldn't go in the stroller so I held him through all of that. I pushed Ella in the stroller with the other arm so I couldn't even swap arms or anything to get one arm a break. (My arms were sore the next day from this.)

The kids both loved all the lights.  We bought Ella a light up necklace after we got into the park. She loved it.  Ella would not wear her coat or hat. She would sit under the blanket but that was still cold. It took a long time for us to convince her to wear it.













We all rode the Merry Go Round first.  Miles rode a horse. I was impressed how well he did.  He wanted to go on again but we headed to Kiddie Land.



Ella rode the swings. She LOVED it. Miles really really wanted to ride the swings. He was too short.

Ella rode the motorcycles and Miles ran over to longingly watch the swings.


I went on the ride that is like the t-cups or tilta-whirl but I'm not sure the name.  Then Ella rode the ferris wheel. The line was pretty long and Miles waited in line with Ella.


Miles   leaned into my legs while we were in line.
We went to go eat but decided it'd be too late once we ate so we left.  I never got to ride the train which was called the Polar Express. 

It was a little difficult to keep track of kids in the dark.   It was kind of cold but not really so it was pretty cold!

Dave suggested going back in a week.  I'm not sure we can handle that.

Miles was extra clingy because he woke up early, only napped 30 minutes, and it was past his bedtime.  He normally naps 2 hours.
We got Wendy's on the way home. Miles wanted to sit at the table like a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment