Tuesday, December 12, 2017

15 Months Nursing and Counting (Miles)

I just recently came across my post like this when I was nursing Ella.  I read it and it made it out even worse than I remembered.  I thought I'd do another post about nursing this time.

I still nurse Miles. I'm trying to wean Miles.  There's a huge difference.

Miles nurses two times a day. Only 2. Ella nursed about 8.  Miles never had an interest in nursing like Ella did. Miles would only like to nurse in his room in his chair with his scratch sleeves on. So public nursing only happened when he was itty bitty.  In the past month he nursed in the morning and I just dropped that and he didn't care. He actually slept later after dropping the morning nursing session.

I keep postponing dropping the other nursing sessions. I'll do it like I did with Ella and do every other day for a week then drop a session. I started getting rid of bed time nursing first then nap time nursing last for Ella.  Miles falls asleep on me way more than Ella did so I've put it off. Miles is so so tired at night and freaks out when I'm changing his diaper. He knows nursing is the routine. I need a new routine. I anticipate being done with nursing in a month. With Ella I was done at 19 months and a week and it was 3 months of awful weaning.

It's still a love/hate relationship with nursing but it's not as much hate as it was before.

I don't see people this time around so I haven't heard comments on nursing one way or the other. Also if I do see people, they might not even know Miles still nurses since he never does when we are out.

2 comments:

  1. He sounds exactly like Aurora did. I also weaned her at 16 months. And had to do a whole new bedtime routine too. We switched to reading books before bed. At first it was rough but now she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a little while I read a book and nursed but lately he's too tired by the time I can manage to start bedtime routine so we skip reading a book and just read like a page :)

      Delete