Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Down by the Bay Tot Trot (11.3.19)

Ella and Miles did the Tot Trot again this year. It's Miles's 2nd time running it. He was in an ergo a 3rd year. This is Ella's 4th time doing it. You'd think after doing it so many times, she'd be fine. But she was not. Today was not her day. She didn't run alone because various friends were not running it too. Last year she ran alone. This year she ran holding my hand. Miles held my other hand. We took up basically the entire path. I hate when other people hold the entire path and here we were doing it. Ella started crying when we lined up and didn't stop until after we were done running. We mainly had to walk the race because she did not want to run. Miles ran here or there and she got mad and cried worse.  He wanted water halfway through which is what I expected. I did not have water. He wanted a stop break at one point but Ella did not. I picked him up to carry him for about 15 steps just so that we could finish together without much crying. I know Miles always wants water in the middle of the race, yet I didn't have it. I used my Garmin this year. I started the Garmin a little before we crossed the start line. It took us 7 minutes from when I started it to when we finished.

A few friends spotted us along the race and took photos. Chessa took some but realized her camera settings were off and everything was majorly over exposed... oops. But at least 3 other friends spotted us and send pictures. Yay for pictures.

It's amazing how many people are taking pictures at the race and how few get uploaded to the race site.









Some friends spotted us


I really don't understand how Ella will be amazing at a race and then melt down at the next.
Dave was holding Liam so he photobombed a lot of pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment