Saturday, November 2, 2019

Liam 6 Month Update

taken from my phone
Photos were taken a day late so Ella and Miles could participate. They are a little crazy so photo quality isn't that good. They also took over 400 pictures!
Stats:
  • Weight: 17 lb 15 oz - 59th percentile
  • Height: 29.5" - >99.9th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 43.6 cm - 58th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 3%
  • Diapers: Size 3
  • Clothing: Mostly 12 month clothing. Some 18 month onesies. When he does wear pants 6-9 mo seem to fit but smaller night too.
  • Shoe Size: I tried some on and think he's like a 4 or 4.5
  • Teeth: 6
(stats using WHO, CDC has weight higher and other 2 lower. I never remember which ones I use each month.)

I took his weight just after nursing and just before he peed and spit up.
Sleep
Sleep is awful. From 5.5 months old and on he was waking up so much. Some nights 9 times in one night. Other nights he just wouldn't go back in the crib without crying.  He will cry when I put him down and immediately fall asleep in my arms when I pick him up. I have tried to hold him longer before putting him down but he will seem sound asleep and then wake up and cry immediately. I have tried various things that seem to help some and then don't help.

Eating
Liam mostly nurses. I feed him once a day if i feed him. He will have purees. He has tried to steal some food. He had his mouth on my pizza and my burger. After he tastes that, he doesn't want to eat baby food anymore. It's hard coming up with foods to give him. I remember always having issues with this age. They can't quite chew or swallow right but they sure want the food. Liam still pushes the food a little forward when he's trying to eat.

He's had carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, apples, and maybe more.
Sample Schedule:
Having a sample schedule is a bit ridiculous. Around 7:30 PM, he likes to start nursing to go to sleep. He wakes up at least 2 times in the middle of the night but lately it's more like 4. Everyday I wake him up between 1 and 4 times to go to appointments, school pickups or school drop offs. Throughout the day he's awake 1-5 hours between naps except the very first one of the day it's usually 1.5 hours. He may start getting super clingy before 6 pm but he will not go to sleep that early He still seems to manage 3 or 4 naps a day. (4 naps only happen when I have to wake him up for things.) Sometimes he wakes up from nap and I can tell he's still tired and wants to sleep but for some reason woke up. I nurse him then and he goes back to sleep. Usually if he goes back to sleep, he will only continue his nap on me. Mostly I try not to nurse right when he wakes up. I'd say the only things sort of consistent for a schedule are when he wants to go to sleep and he likes to have his first nap around 8:30 PM.
Special Moments:
On September 15, Liam had cold pumped milk for the first time.
On September 18, Liam has 2 teeth.
On September 19, Liam actually has 4 teeth. I gave him Tylenol for the teething.
On September 20, Liam also got Tylenol at night for teething
On September 21, I noticed Liam also had 2 top teeth cutting.
On September 22, Liam spit up 5 times. Twice were well over an hour after he last ate, too.
On September 25, I can’t get Liam into crib. He will be asleep and I put him into the crib. He immediately cries. Then I hold him and he's asleep again. He seems to have a cold.
On September 27, Liam had his first time forward facing in single bob stroller.
On September 28, Liam was in the exersaucer for the first time. I didn't pull it out sooner. I had to put it on the highest setting. Liam pet Poly for the first time. I let him chew on ribs. He loved the flavor.
On September 29, Liam stole pizza while we were at Pizza my Heart. He had his first sippy cup usage and it was with water. Miles threw my phone and it bounced off Liam's head and left a mark!
On October 1, Liam sat for awhile.
On October 6, Liam had eggs and toast. The eggs he choked on a little so he mainly had toast.
On October12, at 1:01 AM , Dave went and bought Tylenol to give him because he was just so miserable.
On October 13, at 10:36 PM, Liam already woke up twice so then I gave him Tylenol. Teething is no joke.
Development:
He can sit up! He can be held wrapping his legs around my side now! He grabs toys and things a lot better now. He can hold onto them too. He can pull himself up to leaning forward when put in his carseat before he's buckled. He tries to put everything in his mouth. He sits but it's not sturdy. He will roll and change angles but doesn't do it much. He may shimmy a little too.
Other Tidbits:
Likes
He likes to give hugs.
He likes to eat but wants real food not baby food!
He likes to watch TV.
He likes to just look at himself in the mirror on his play mat for awhile.
He likes to smile and watch other people. 
He likes to show off going from sitting to standing (with my help). 
He likes to meet new people and will try to lean with open arms to get them to hold him. 
He likes to grab everything including my hair. I wear it in a bun daily to try to stop him from pulling and he grabs onto the little hairs. 
He likes to put everything in his mouth.

Dislikes
He especially doesn't like to nurse if I'm talking.
He doesn't like to be put in his car seat if he wants to go to sleep.
He doesn't seem to like to be in a car after dark and he cries the entire time.
He doesn't want to be held by anyone but me if he's tired. You also better not put him down.
He doesn't like to take medicine (Tylenol or Vitamin D).

Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 10 hours 33 minutes
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 26
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 18
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Days with sleep greater than 8 hours: 11
Diapers used (from October 1-14): 8 per day
Time spent nursing (from October 1-14): 4 hours 16 minutes per day
Time spent sleeping (from October 1-14): 13 hours 33 minutes per day
Doctor Visits: 0
Illnesses: 0

Favorite Toys
Key Teether
iPod (music maker thing)
Things that are not toys!
Favorite Songs
He doesn't react so much to songs one way or the other.

Favorite Books
none yet (He's liked books but doesn't seem to have a favorite)
Other Tidbits
Liam gets so happy and smiley when he's quite tired and needs a nap. If you don't get him down for a nap in this time, he can quickly change from happy to crying like we are killing him. He doesn't use his play mats a lot because we seem to always be going one place or another. He likes to be in his carseat carrier a lot better than being baby worn. But he likes the Ergo better than the Ergo 360. I haven't done the 360 forward facing so it's just sitting the same way against me and he likes one way better than the other. I have to shimmy him up when I put him in his carseat. He's set too far down for the bottom buckle to buckle when he naturally goes in. His shoulders need to be higher than the default. 
When Liam is super happy and smiley, I know he's tired but everyone else just thinks he's so happy. He will be so happy and then when I lie him down on the changing table he cries. He's mad he's not immediately nursing. I put him in the woombie and then I nurse.

Just in general having 3 kids is no joke. There is no time for anything. I've been trying to spend all my free time working on this post for 2 weeks!
My Recovery
I have not lost or gained weight this month. My knee is still stiff a lot. I tried to get into PT for my knee but they never fit me in and I never called them back. I'm so tired! I keep wanting to stay up later to get stuff done like blogging but then I'm just too tired. I still have 40 lbs to lose. (By the 3rd kid I don't have my current weight or the starting weight exactly memorized and I don't look it up. I might actually be at 42 lb to lose. I have gained 10 lbs since June so I did drop some weight then gained it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment