Wednesday, May 4, 2011

4th PT visit (5.3.11)

Today was my 4th PT visit. It was the 2nd time I've had Mike as the Physical Therapist.

It went better since I decided I'm not running the marathon or the half and that I might not listen to the physical therapists.

I was told I can run every other day, but to only increase my mileage by .25 each time I run. So if you are trying to do the math by the time I would have had to run the marathon (26.2 miles), I'd be up to running 3.5 miles.
I should also do the stretches everyday.
I shouldn't lift for my legs on my own. If I was lifting every other day I'd only lift 1-2 more times a week so only lifting at PT is OK with me.
All the physical therapists have told me my strength is good but that just makes me want to lift more so it doesn't just end up mediocre.
Mike said the best place to run is a track (the last lady told me a track was the worst place to run).

I went to work for an hour then went to PT and totally changed. I was so sweaty after that the entire back of my shirt was all sweaty. I don't sweat that much at the gym.


The thing is I keep forgetting to run so I've taken a few days off.

1 comment:

  1. PT sounds like a miserable place. And frustrating. Best of luck to you from me, okay?

    ReplyDelete