Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 8 - Day 2 in DC

Actually a long sleeve T shirt was worn for community service (given to us by NA-YGN)  and my last outfit of the day was a swap of a 2nd pair of jeans for the dress pants. 

Jeans: Express
T-Shirt: Science Challenge Squad in High School

Pants: Express
Shirt: Express
Cardigan: N&Co
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Belt: Kohl's
Necklace and Earrings: Target

Day 2 started bright and early. We met at 7:30 AM to start the conference with some community service.  My group went a park a picked up trash for a few hours.  It was tiring. The time went really slow during this.  The other community service groups painted at various locations.

Then we got back and had an hour to shower and change. Then we had to get to lunch. Shortly thereafter it was time for the first official session.   Then it was back to bask sessions until it was time for the welcome reception.

I left the reception early to get back to my room and get in touch with all the Westinghouse participants to pass out the polo shirts. That was so hard. It was almost impossible to get them all out. We had a master list of cell phone numbers but not all members filled out the contact list so I didn't have info for everyone. I sent more texts than probably ever before.   Finally after a few hours I got them all given out by 1.  It took so long I missed dinner with who I thought I was going to go with.    I ended up having fun with a small group anyway so that was good.

On my way back to the hotel, Liza and I walked a little more to see the White House. I think the picture turned out great. I even only took one. The only editing I did was cropping it slightly.
After our walk, we returned to the hotel a little after midnight. We decided not to go out and to go to sleep. That was a good choice.

My day was busy and jam packed. I didn't have time for anything else. It was exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment