Sunday, August 17, 2014

8.16 Crib

Well it seems Ella lasted 12 days with the crib on the middle setting. (We lowered it on August 4.)  Tonight I put her in awake, walked 10 feet and loaded my camera app. This is what I saw. (It's not perfectly facing the crib because I had unplugged in and plugged it back in to try to get it to work again on my phone.)    The crib is lower in the middle of the front and she's working on the edge.
You can sort of tell she's working on standing up. I was so quick that she didn't get a chance.

Now the crib is so insanely low that it's going to be impossible to get her in there if she already fell asleep.  I was taking out the mattress to lower the crib, while Dave was holding Ella. She started crying like crazy. She couldn't handle watching her crib being messed with. Dave took her to another room while I worked on lowering the crib.

After the crib was lower she tried to do the same thing but did not succeed.

I guess we shouldn't have practiced getting her to go from sitting to standing earlier today.

Ella isn't even 8 months old and she's so mobile. I need to do more baby proofing now! Will someone do it for me?

When you lowered your crib did you go from the highest to the lowest or did you use the middle setting and for how long?

4 comments:

  1. Haha that's so cute. We didn't bother with the middle setting and just went straight to the low setting. It is harder to put Neil in and I almost always put him in asleep (even now) but he doesn't seem to wake up. You get used to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave was going to go to the bottom setting 2 weeks ago but since it was so insanely low I said to use the middle.

      Delete
  2. I don't even remember if we used the middle setting at all. Parker wasn't even in his crib til he was 7 months old (slept in swing till then). I'm guessing by the time we got him to sleep in his crib we had already lowered the mattress to the middle setting just in case. Then I believe I remember we lowered it again a few months later when he was really standing like Ella is now. Then we had to drill new holes and lower it even lower than the factory setting because Parker was trying to climb out at like 18 months. Those new holes carried us through til he was 3 though, and I'm so glad we did it that way instead of rushing him into a big boy bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm documenting it here because I'd never remember. Even though lowering it to the middle setting was 2 weeks ago I wasn't even sure when that was and I had to go look at my blog!

      Delete