Wednesday, July 29, 2015

7 Day Push-up Challenge

I hosted a second challenge on facebook a couple weeks ago. First I did a plank challenge and this time I hosted a push-up challenge.  I made this one up entirely myself. I came up with what to do each day. I recorded the videos. I had to do a few takes on most videos because Ella or Poly ruined mine. My form wasn't always the best but this was a great first try.
source: http://www.losestubbornfat.com/perfect-pushup-form/
(similar info

Do a push-up test to see how many you can do in a minute

{Day 1}
8 push-ups
rest
4 shoulder taps (on each side)
rest
4 hand taps (on each side)
rest
8 walking push-ups

{Day 2}
8 push-ups
rest
4 narrow grip push-ups (tricep push-ups)
rest
4 1.5 push-ups
rest
8 single leg

For a regular push-up, have your hands wide enough so that you go down and your arms form a right angle at the elbow. I got tired and didn't seem to go down that far.
For Triceps push-ups, place your hands shoulder width apart and as you go down have your arms hug your body instead of going out to the sides. Your elbows should point straight back.
1.5 push-ups start with a normal push-up but you only push up halfway, then descend and push up again.
Single leg is just raising one leg off the ground and doing your push-ups.

{Day 3}
10 push-ups
rest
4 Rotational push-ups (on each side)
rest
8 Eccentric push-ups (Slow Negative)
rest
4 spiderman push-ups

Rotational push-up involves rotating the body into a side plank when the push-up is completed, holding the upper arm straight in the air so that the body resembles a "T."
Eccentric push-up is also called slow negative. It is like a normal push-up but you lower yourself slowly and rise normally. Take 4-5 seconds to go down.
Spiderman push-ups are difficult and my form is not good. Bring one knee up to the side of the body toward the elbow during the down portion.

There were numerous outtakes so I hope you can figure it out by these 3 videos.

{Day 4}
10 push-ups
rest
8 Single-leg push-ups
rest
4 Feet-elevated push-ups (decline)
rest
4 outside-leg Kick (on each side)

{Day 5}
12 push-ups
rest
4 Diamond
rest
4 Wide
rest
4 Narrow

{Day 6}
12 push-ups
rest
8 1.5 push-ups
rest
8 Eccentric push-ups (Slow Negative)
rest
4 Stacked feet

{Day 7}
14 push-ups
rest
8 Single Hand on a Medicine Ball
rest
8 Single-leg push-ups
rest

8 Feet Elevated (Decline)

This was such a fun challenge. I can't wait to do it again. You can join me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment