Friday, September 28, 2018

Ella's Half Birthday Party (7.1.18)


Ella woke up bright and early excited for her party even though her party didn't start until 5 PM.  I think she was so excited about the party that she didn't sleep well. She was cranky most of the day.

I set up decorations at the party. Then I went back home to get the family and the food.

We were later than I wanted to be. We got there at 4:55 for a 5 PM start time. It stressed me out.  Two of Ella's friends were there. One she called by the wrong name. She got so overwhelmed she cried and Dave had to take her away and talk to her and calm her down.  As more people showed up and gave her her presents she would get overwhelmed and hide behind me or cry.  She didn't want to eat. She sat on my lap.

She talked to some friends and played.  A bunch of kids played in the grass running back and forth and she was having fun. I did notice she played more with her preschool friends that she sees everyday than with her friends from the mom groups that she hasn't seen as much or even at all since we've been back.

Ella wanted to open presents before cake. She started doing that. but then all the kids were just standing around so I suggested cake at the same time. We tried to do that but that meant I didn't get to see who each gift was from. It was very stressful for me. Dave cut the cake and I handed it out. Ella played with her presents.

We had Ella stop opening the presents to sing to her and cut the cake and she ran away crying.

Once that was done and she was back to presents she had fun. Then we also got out the balls and the rockets we had for everyone. The kids had fun playing. They were filthy by the end.  We didn't give out the little necklaces and hair clips that we got. We totally forgot.

I made a quick trip home at 7:30 to get the food in the refrigerator. Then we got home for real at 8:30.

It was windy when I set up so I only used the helium tank for 4 balloons. I also taped a few other balloons up but not many. Ella had fun giving away the balloons but she also gave away my balloon weights :(























No comments:

Post a Comment