Thursday, September 6, 2018

Nursing (19 months with Ella)

I was finally done nursing Ella at 19 months and a week.   It was a horrible 3 months of weaning.  I had to wear a hoodie in the middle of Summer so she couldn't pull at my clothes to start nursing.  She cried every single day after nap to nurse for a full month.  I was always hearing comments like "after 3 days your child will stop asking" and "quit giving in and then she will stop crying for it."  I did not give in at all!  It was awful. 30 minutes of crying every day.  The one and only time she didn't cry after nap to nurse during that month was when Marie and Clara visited and they showed up before she woke up from nap so she had a friend to play with immediately.

Many people told me how their kids self weaned. I don't even know how that is possible. Well I mean I know every kid is different but still Ella is quite the extreme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment