Saturday, October 23, 2021

Haunted 100 Challenge

 In September I joined a 100 mile challenge for October. I ran 85 miles in September so I thought it wouldn't be so bad especially since I was still training for longer than a 10k.  I forgot about how you have some rest days before and after a race so having one on October 3 had me starting the month slow.  Then Liam dropped my DSLR camera on my foot and that hurt constantly for days so I had to take some time off running.  I kept getting annoying with having to do math from scratch to see how I was doing in the month and then what I would have to run to hit the goal so I did some stats in one of my google sheets.  

I noticed I ran 3 days in a row and I'd have a rest day so I calculated out what each run would have to be if I did that. I also did a calculation if I ran 1/2 the days to see if I could hit my goal. 

I first made it a couple days ago. If I ran every other day it did have me needing an 8 mile run at each run. I ran a lot and it has improved.  (Sunday I did have my longest run since 2015 and then 2 days later I accidentally had a new long run.) 

I'm surprised I'm only 7 miles behind. But also I'm pretty far into the month so 7 is also a lot. 

I did it at the bottom of my dashboard. 

A recent change to my dashboard is the green column to the right of the data for October. I used to only have it highlight green if i was at 100% but it's fun to see right away if I'm ahead or behind.  Today I had to do push-ups, sit-ups, and planks to get them all green.

I got a shirt with my 100 mile challenge shirt but I won't wear it until I hit 100 miles. When you signed up they said the goals coudl be 50, 100, 150, etc  but I mean the shirt says 100 so I can't have my goal be 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment