Friday, October 22, 2021

Running Numbers Part 2

In September I made a post about Running Numbers. I did some pivot tables after that and I've been using them so thought I'd share more. 

I thought more fun than yearly average pace would be monthly. I almost look at this daily to see how my latest run affected the monthly average. I know all runs will affect it especially since easy runs should be 1-2 minutes slower than race pace. 

I tried to figure out how to do a pivot table for weekly totals but couldn't. Luckily my data added it  up weekly so I pulled the date every Sunday and then what my total was for that week. 

I'll include an updated yearly average pace that has so far for 2021 my average pace 11:28. Last time I posted it was 11:37!
I was trying to figure out a way to easily see when my pace was the best or total miles the best.  I did some conditional formatting with shades of green. I have 3 years where I ran more miles than I ran this year.   Looking at it now the formatting of 2015 is weird and pro ably in day or something increments. I'll fix that.  My pace is improving but I still have a long ways to go.  Also in 2015 almost every run was with a stroller. Now I break my body when I do that.  (It's 86 hours. I didn't take new screen shots!)

Just for curiosity sake I wanted to see how many miles I ran on whatever day of the week. Sunday is usually my long run day so it makes sense Saturday is low. I was surprised about Wednesday.

Just today I decided to add number of runs on whatever day of the week. That's fun!

I realize probably nobody else cares about this at all but I care now and I love looking back at old running data posts I made so I'll definitely like it in the future. I love the snapshots in time. I love going for another run just to see what it does to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment