Friday, October 8, 2021

Speed Repeats (10.8.21)

Today I did my first speed repeat run for my half marathon training plan. I have done 3 before from te 10k training plan.  After I was done I thought I did the same as I did before. I went fast or too fast on the first ones and then when the goal increased I was not that fast. Also 30 seconds is too short for intervals. I cannot get up to speed. 

When I looked at the plan for today I thought there was no way I would even be close.   I thought for sure my fast splits was way worse. I cannot believe the average was still in range.  I really tried hard the last split knowing I had missed the ones before it. 30 seconds is just too short. Not only does it take me long to get running fast but it also takes the Garmin awhile to catch up to speed so no matter what the first time I look at my watch I'm 1-2 minutes slower pace than it says I should be. 

Today I took some video of myself running back and forth hoping for screen shots. I was almost done when I heard the neighbors voices.  They were on their porch! I mostly ran right in front of their house back and forth!  I just went inside. They probably already think I'm crazy so nothing to be embarrassed about. (I used Nike Run Club, MapMyRun, and Garmin.)



I previously did Speed repeats on 9/9, 9/17, and 9/20. 
I went back and dug up old screen shots. It might not have been all I did but I labeled the screen shots with the date to better be able to compare.  I feel like it's fun to see. Nobody else probably cares but I like to look at it so maybe in a few months I'll like to have it all organized here instead of having to go back and dig through screen shots again. 

On 9/9 I at least got better with my first and second grouping. I just was way too slow.
On September 20 my first batch was way too fast. It was even too fast compared to the pace for the fast pace. But then my Second ones were slower (but still faster than goal.)  I was really confident coming out of this workout. 





September 17 was called Speed Repeats but the interval length was much longer.  4 minutes was a nice length.  Screen shots were taken of the old screen shots just so the date is added in.


When I initially made the screen shots sometimes I labeled with emojis so I can easily tell if I made my goal or not but I need to automate this is in some way. 

Today I went back and labeled with emojis the September 20 run since it wasn't labeled.  But I made the table a little better after that so the one above is slightly different. 

On another note today I ran a lot harder than yesterday and felt like I was dying from the super fast paces and then I had to cooldown so slow because I was so tired.  Yesterday I ran straight through without walk breaks. Yesterday my pace was 10:49 and today 11:03. So today I ran parts A LOT faster but then I also walked more on recovery and also jogged slower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment